Sophomore: Chapter one

Pairing: Armin x Eren

AU: modern

Warning: mature content, sexual content, bullying

Author note: these will be pre written chapters, but please feel free to correct me on grammar, spelling, etc. :)

The Neighborhood: Honest

~~~

F A L L

~~~

The time was around 5:50. Eren had never woken up at this time, only now, since things had been changing, He did. Yes, things were changing, because of one person. Armin Arlert. Slowly, Eren and Armin had become inseparable. They both really enjoy hanging out with each other, as does Mikasa like hanging with the smart blond. Even if Eren was slowly getting accepted by Armin, Marco, Sasha, Connie, Bertoldt and Reiner have become good friends of Eren’s too, though, even if Eren was becoming more open with them, he would still feel slightly rejected. That's why Armin is there. His best friend. He accepted Eren no matter what.

"Hey." A voice spoke though Eren’s door, creaking open. "Are we going, or nah?" Armin always arrived at Erens house 3 hours before school started; to take their usual morning runs. He says he likes them with Eren, than when he's alone.

"Yeah, give me a minute." Eren answered and pulled his shirt over his head.

"Alright, your dad is downstairs, I'll be down there." Armin said as the door clicked closed.

Even if things have changed, Eren’s father hasn't. Within the year that has passed by, he still hasn't given up over working. It still pisses Eren and Mikasa off, and they do fight, but Armin is usually there to break them up.

"Morning." The brunet mumbled as he walked into the kitchen and sat on the table. Eren’s father sat on the other side, drinking some coffee and reading today's news, hardly noticing the two. Armin was leaning against the counter, a mug of tea in his hand and another with coffee. He holds it up to Eren, nodding at it.

"Thanks." Eren smile as he sets the cup down.

"Yeah," Armin offers a small smile and sits next to Eren, leaning back in his chair. "Did you finish the essay?"

"Do you just talk about school?" Eren rolled his eyes and took a sip of the black coffee in hand.

"No." He said softly. "I was just asking.

"Of course," Eren answered, almost sarcastically, scrunching his nose as he set the bitter liquid on the table. "I did."

"Good job." Armin nodded and took a sip from his cup. Eren looked at his wrists, then up his arms, frowning at how skinny he was. The brunet reached out and gripped around the blond’s wrists, his middle finger and thumb over-lapping at the tip of nail.

"C'mon! Eren, stop." Armin pulled his hand away, spilling a little tea, the droplets falling onto his shirt and he sighed, picking up one of the many napkins that lay on the table. "I know I'm skinny, and it’s weird. I know what you were going to say."