The end(original ending part 2)

After I was crowned and interviewed I was sent to President Snow's office. I ask the guards why and they said to congratulate me. I guess they do this to all the victors. I knock before I enter and hear a come in. The voice sounded a little mad. I walk in and sit as he eyeballs me. "Haymitch Abernathy" he starts. "The victor of the 50th Hunger Games. Now do you know what you did wrong?" I was shocked, but then again it's President Snow. I swallowed hard before speaking.

"No sir what did I do wrong?" I asked.

"Well you used the arena as a weapon. Now you might think that was smart, but it wasn't and now you must be punished. The arena is there to keep you locked in Hunger Games so you don't escape it's not used as a weapon. You will get your punishment it in district 12 you may leave." What! I was supposed to survive in the games with the resources I have and that was the force field and now I get punished! I didn't say that or I would get in more trouble. I nod and as I reach the door president Snow said his last words to me. "Oh and congratulations on the games". I nodded and headed out the door. I was walking which turned into running. I ran inside the train and into my room. I have to get to district 12 before President Snow dose, but of course I can't. The train left and I decided to stay in my room all day. What if President Snow's punishment wasn't as bad as I thought? Maybe I'm exaggerating I tend to do that sometimes. I'll ask Emily what I should do at dinner. I came out of my room at dinner. It was just me and Emily sitting at the table. "So what did President Snow tell you?" she asked.

"Well ..." how was I going to tell her this? "I got punished for using the force field as a weapon then I got congratulated" I said real fast. She looked up from her dish.

"Haymitch, when President Snow says he's going to 'punish' you he's either going to do something to you, your district, or your family. It has happened before." I swallowed hard. This is going to be bad.

"What do you think is going to happen" I say worried.

“Well it would be silly to punish the whole district, but he can of he wants to so..." she drifts off from the sentence. The rest of dinner was silent. I left immediately after I finished. When I woke up the next day we were in 12. I came out of the train and stood in front of the crowd. I smiled like nothing happen the night before. I look for my family in the crowd and see them smiling and cheering me on.

When I got home, my family comes running towards me. First is Ash. I pick him up and gave him a really big hug. When I finally let him down my mom gave a kiss on the cheek and also gave me a hug. When I was done giving her a hug I turned and saw Hollie. Does she know I liked Maysilee or she doesn’t? I hope it wasn't obvious. She gave me a big kiss on the mouth and when she pulled away she said "I am never letting you go". After all that we moved into are new house. The bed was comfy and the house had a lot of rooms for us, but it doesn’t feel right.

At night I had my nightmare with Maysilee dying and my family and Hollie. Wow I have had a lot of nightmares of people dying. When I woke up it was the afternoon. I saw a note from my mom saying she left food on the table and Ash, Hollie and her are going out to buy food. When I sat down I was about to eat I looked out the window and saw people running. This can’t be good. I ran out the door and saw people gathered in a circle. Someone is ether going to get whipped or killed. I think I know which one it is. I rush towards the circle and push me towards the front. I saw Hollie, my mom, and Ash all on their knees with their hands tied behind them. Their heads was down and three peacemakers were pointing a gun at their head.

"NOOO" I screamed as I shut my eyes, but it was too late three gunshots went off.  I opened my eyes and see now they’re lying on the ground with blood coming out of their head. I stand there staring I can see people out of the corner of my eye looking at me. Then my eyes start getting blurry. I am alone. I have no family I have no friends just nothing. I get on my knees next to my mom and Ash. "Kill me I have nothing to live for so kill me" I told the peacemaker. He shrugged and pointed a gun at my head. Wow I thought he would object about it, but I guess not. I lower my head and close my eyes and get ready for my death.

"Wait" said a voice. I turned around and saw Emily. Great what is she doing here? "This boy is a little drunk right now so it’s best not to shoot him" said Emily. The peacemaker grabbed my arm to lift me.

“You shouldn’t be drinking young man your only… 16?” I nodded. Emily grabbed my hand and rushed me out of the crowd. When we were in private she smacked me over the head. Before I had a chance to ask her why she did that she spoke.

“Haymitch why are you trying to get yourself killed you are a victor and victors don’t act this way” she said.

“I have nothing. All the money I ever wanted was for my family and Hollie. Sure I have fame for the first male victor in 12 and winning the quarter quell, but what good would that do. Finally President Snow is going to ruin my life.”

“Haymitch-“

“I have nothing to live for just leave me ALONE” I shouted and ran as fast as I can. I don’t know why I said that, but it’s probably because I need to be alone. I stopped at the hob to check it out. A saw man me and came up to me.

“Hey what’s wrong” he asked me. I explained him the story that I told Emily, but with more information. He nodded and said ”Hey if you want to feel better try this” and he handed me a beer bottle. I would refuse, but what else do I have. Nothing. I grabbed the bottle and chugged it down though it tasted weird at first, but I got used to it.v“Wow” I said. Yup he said and nodded. He left leaving me with the beer bottle. Now what to do next.

“Wow” I said. Yup he said and nodded. He left leaving me with the beer bottle. Now what to do next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After

If you want to know what happed to me after here it is. I became an alcoholic and became friends with Emily so I wasn’t completely was alone that was until she died. 24 years after my Quarter quell a girl named Katniss won the games. She reminded me a lot about myself. We had younger siblings to look after and also our mothers. Then the 75th quarter quell came and I had got her out for the rebellion. Now its after the rebellion and I grew up to meet her kids. Now my life is better and I’m not alone so any day now I am a old man about to visit Maysilee in the sky.

I hope you like it and I’ll put the last chapter of my version so I hope you enjoyed the end.