Homecoming

Chapter 40: Homecoming

-

"Okay, so let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait." Stefan went over their plan to lure Klaus back to Mystic Falls after they all finally received more information on their greatest weapon to kill Klaus Mikaelson with, once and for all.

"And then what?" Amalia asked, eager to hear what else the Salvatore had come up with regarding the upcoming death of his so-called 'master'. "You just... vervained him?"

"No, we vervained him. Come on, this guy is an Original. Let's make it realistic." Damon came up with his own altercation to the plan, including his input into the conversation.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan corrected himself now that his brother had come up with a better plan than his.

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena trailed off, allowing Stefan to finish the rest of her sentence for her.

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan finished off, finding his plan to be perfect. But the other two in the room were smart enough to be able to question it.

"Right. So, since you've become so trained at diabolical plans, what do you say we do when he asks to see the body?" Amalia looked over at the youngest Salvatore, eager to hear whatever his response would be. It was clear to see just how antagonizing his presence was for her based on not only but her tone, but her body language as well.

"Good point! You, my, brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied." Damon agreed with Amalia, wondering how believable Stefan would be able to portray himself as as well.

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan threw his hands up in defense, leaving the rest of the scheme for them to come up with themselves.

"Anyway," Amalia reverted her eyes from Stefan and put them onto Damon and Elena, who she was much more pleased to be around at the moment. "Klaus isn't stupid. We tell him Mikael is dead, he'll want to see the body. Which, you guessed it, we won't have."

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael walked into the living room, alerting them that he was eavesdropping on every last bit of their conversation regarding his son.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked the eldest Mikaelson... or maybe it was just Mikael, seeing as it wasn't quite possible for him to be his own son. Anyway, regardless of who she asked, she still asked him.