You're Undead to Me

Chapter 05; You're Undead to Me

-

"The sexy suds car wash is tomorrow. The football team and the band have committed. Well, not all the band. Just the ones who could pull off the bikini. I want, in your face, sexy. I mean, it's a fund raiser, for god's sake." Caroline Forbes walked into Mystic Falls High School with one of her fellow squad members. Her voice was a little more peppy than usual, not that anyone who didn't know what was going on with her would notice.

Bonnie, Lia and Elena watched as the plastered smile on her face stayed on, not even moving an inch when she spoke. "Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened."

"She's in denial." Bonnie added, having heard all about what had been happening with Caroline and Damon for the weeks that their relationship lasted from her two best friends.

"Well, if I know anything about Caroline Forbes, she doesn't plan on not being in denial for a long time." Lia worded what she was trying to say in the best way that she possibly could.

"Hey." Stefan Salvatore walked up to the three of them as they all watched Caroline laugh with all of her fellow cheerleaders. Elena looked over at him, causing Bonnie and Lia to tense up. They knew what state their relationship was currently in, and it didn't look like one simple apology was going to change that.

"Hey. You know, I gotta go uh, be somewhere right now." Bonnie made an excuse so that she could leave before walking away from them.

"Ahem. I think I might have to be there too." Lia looked over at her friend nervously before turning around and trying to catch up to her other friend that was smart to walk away from that already uncomfortable conversation. "Yikes."

Lia walked into Mystic Grill after school so that she could do her homework, but she instantly saw Matt Donovan standing over by the pool table, so she decided to stop over there to say hello first.

"Hey." She greeted the blue eyed boy that was currently playing all by himself. He looked up from the game and saw her, bringing a smile on his face. "Want some company?"

"Sure." Matt nodded before handing her a cue. He reset all of the balls to where it was a new game. "You break."

"Cool." Lia brought the cue to where she would be able to have a good hit. She lightly hit one of the balls on the table, scattering all of them throughout the table. "Your turn."

"Nice." Matt complimented the pool skills that she hand't had to use in about a year. He walked closer to the table before Elena and Stefan talking across the grill caught his eye.

It didn't take long for the girl to realize what he was looking at, so she attempted to distract him in hopes that maybe it would work and she would be able to take his mind off his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. "So, I don't know if you can tell, but my amazing pool skills are a little rusty. I haven't played in like a year."