Chp. 14

Skylars POV

I've been sitting in the waiting room for almost two days listening to the same song on repeat. Uncover by Zara Larsson. The more I listen to it the more I realize how much it reminds me of Theo and I.

Theo.

His name hovers over me like a cloud of rain. I hadn't heard from him since he left and I'd been given states and asked "Are you okay?" But I just ignored them. Not in the mood to talk. But then again, when do I ever want to talk to people?

I just wish he could realize how much I need him and come running back in here and engulf me in a hug and tell me everything will be okay. I don't think he'll ever really understand how I feel about him.

"Ms. Elgort?" I hear a voice behind me.

"Yeah?" I say back.

"Your brother is awake. You can go see him now." She says.

I hope out of my seat and run to his room to see him trying to move his fingers around. Then he looks up.

"Sky?" He asks.

"Hey Sel." When I was a baby my parents had told me I couldn't say Ansel I could only get the Sel part so it just became a nickname since.

"How are you?" I ask.

"Head kinda hurts." He answers.

He's being hesitant. Does he know we hit him?

"Sky?" He asks grabbing my hand.

"Yeah?"

"Did you hit me?" He asks as I look down.

"Ansel..." I start but he cuts me off.

"Answer me truthfully Skylar." He says.

"You were in all black. We couldn't see you." I said as tears began to prick my eyes and I decide to text Theo.

°he's okay.-Sky°

I look up at Ansel who is crying. He puts his hand to his head signaling the crying hurts his head.

"Just get some rest." I say as I squeeze his arm, "I love you Ansel." I say but he is already passed out.

I stare at him focusing on his breathing for a while when I get up and head back to the lobby. I take my seat and put my headphones back in and bury my head in my arms.

I look up to see Theo looking around the lobby until his eyes land on mine. He looks at me for a while and gives me a faint smile. I take my headphones out of my ears and run up to him and hug and relax as I feel his strong arms around me.

"Shh," He says smoothing my hair, "It's gonna be okay." He finished as I sob into his shoulder.

"He knows it was us." I say between sobs.

"He'll understand. I promise." He says stroking my hair again.

"I missed you." I say.

"I missed you too baby girl." He says.

"Ms. Elgort?" The nurse speaks up behind me.

"Yes?" I ask.

"We're going to have to keep your brother for only a few more days, so if I were you I'd go home and get some rest." She says to me but looks at Theo.

"Thank you." I say as she walks away.

"Wanna come home?" Theo asks and I nod as he takes me cost and leads me to his car.

I get in and stare out the window as we drive away and he grabs my hand.

The drive is about ten minutes and my heart picks up as soon as I see the little loft. It feels like it's been ages since I've been here.

I get out of the car and enter the loft and head straight to my room. I plug in my phone and play Like Real People Do by Hozier on. I sway around for a little bit till I feel hands grasp my hips.

I turn to face Theo and put my arms around his neck and stare at him.

"What?" He asks smiling.

"I just never thought I'd see you again." I say and look into his eyes.

"Skylar, I will never leave you again. I promise."

Then we kiss.