Life With the Uchiha

Start from the beginning

Sasuke was brought out of his thoughts when Naruto called his name.

"Sasuke, let's go to the playground! I want to play on the swings." Said Naruto rushing up to him.

"You know we'll have to ask our parents first. We can't just leave the compound by ourselves, we'll get in trouble." Replied Sasuke.

Naruto's cheeks puffed out in a form of pouting. "Alright but if they say no then I still say we sneek out and go anyways."

Sasuke shook his head in disbelief. Naruto was such a rebel when it came to listening to his elders. "Let's just go ask them for permission, okay?"

Sasuke and Naruto made their way into the house to find Mikoto setting in a chair and reading a book.

"Okaasan, can we go to the playground today?" Asked Naruto showing a puppy dog eyes.

"Sure you two can go to the playground. I'll go with you two since I'm not busy right now." She hoped that maybe her two little ones could make some friends outside the clan. It was good to have allies.

The three left the compound and made their way to playground.

When they got there they saw a pair girls playing with a ball, a kid playing with a gigantic dog by himself, and pair of boys sitting under a tree watching the clouds. Their parents were off to the side talking with each other.

For the most part Naruto and Sasuke just stuck to themselves by chasing each other and playing on the swings until Naruto tired Sasuke out and the boy went to rest under the tree with the two kids.

Naruto ended up walking up to the kid with fang marks on his cheeks. He was playing with a huge dog that could easily be mistaken for a wolf. "Hi, I'm Naruto. Can I pet your doggie?"

The kid turned to him with a look of surprise. "You mean your not afraid of him?"

"Nope. Can I pet him?" Naruto Asked again.

The kid smirked and turned to the dog. "What do you say Kuromaru? Can Naruto pet you?"

Naruto got the shock of his life when the wolf like dog responded. "Yes he can." The dog said before walking up to Naruto.

Naruto shook himself to regain his composure and nervously thanked Kuromaru while petting his head.

"I'm Kiba and this is my mom's ninken, Kuromaru." The boy introduced himself.

"What's a ninken?" Naruto asked while tilting his head in curiosity.

"A ninken is a ninja dog partner. Everyone in my clan gets there own partner when they go to the ninja academy." Kiba explained.

"Can all ninken talk?" Naruto asked Kuromaru.

"As of present I am the only ninken with the ability to talk, but all ninken can communicate with their bonded partner. We assist our partners on the field with collaborative attacks." Said the dog.

"I can't wait to get my own ninken. We're gonna be unstoppable together!" Kiba said, pumping his fist in the air.

"I wish I had a ninken." Naruto said with a pout.

"Well, I'll just let you play with mine when I get one. Are you gonna join the ninja academy when you get older too?"

"Yes. So will my siblings, Sasuke and Neji, along with my cousin, Hinata. My big brother, Neji, will probably go to school earlier than me since he is older." Naruto said with a small frown. He hated being the youngest brother of both his families sometimes.

"Cool, looking forward to it. Wanna play ninja?" Kiba asked.

"Yes. Can my brother Sasuke join in?"

"Sure, the more the better." Kiba said giving him a thumbs up.

"Sasuke come here! Me and my new friend Kiba are gonna play ninja."

Sasuke ran over to him followed by the two boys he rested with.

"Okay I'm in and so are they. This Shikamaru and this is Chouji." Sasuke said pointing to each of them.

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm Naruto and this Kiba. Now let's play ninja!"

The boys all played together while their parents watched from the sidelines.

"Wow, that's the first time I've seen a kid that young that's not an Inuzuka get that close to my partner without shaking in their boots." Tsume Inuzuka remarked.

"My Naruto is a brave one." Mikoto said proudly.

"He filled out some too. Last time I saw that kid running around the village he looked like a twig about to snap." Said Chouza Akimichi

"They all seem to be getting along well." Said Shikaku Nara.

"Yes, I hope they can I'll become good friends." Mikoto said.

____________________________________

When Naruto's birthday came up it turned out to be the best birthday Naruto ever had. All his other birthday's had been spent by himself in the orphanage while hiding from the wrath of many mourning villagers who blamed him for their loved one's death although Naruto didn't know about the Kyuubi.

This birthday was held at the Uchiha mansion with Fugaku and Mikoto being the hosts. His Uchiha adoptive family weren't the only ones there to celebrate. So was his Hyūga father, brother, uncle, caretaker, and cousins. There was also the third Hokage, Kiba, Shikamaru, Chouji, and there parents.

The adults just sat around and talked inside while the children all played games like hide and go seek outside the house with Tsume's ninken companion and partner, Kuromaru,  watched over them although the children were safe in the Uchiha compound.

Time passed and the kids were soon called back in the house to eat.

After eating everyone presented their gifts to the birthday boy and talked some more.

Soon it was time for everyone to leave. Naruto gave his thanks and said his goodbyes.

Later on Naruto yawned as he made his way up to his room and settled into his bed.

This had been the best birthday ever.