Chapter 3:Annie

ANNIE: September 7th

Sup journal. I'm just getting started on my fifth journal. I have been writing journals since the 5th grade hoping that it will be like the princess diaries... Sadly it's far from being that cool.

Today is moving day! Sophie and I hurled all of our boxes into Tweety(my faithful yellow VW bug) and drove from Sacramento to Berkley(a mere 45 minutes away). Finally! I'm out of Sacramento! Don't get me wrong I love sac town to death but it just gets boring. My dream would be to become an aspiring writer in New York. I wish I could be like Sophie with a full scholarship. My dad donated 10K to Berkeley and they let me in with a half scholarship... It feels like bribery. My parents have an abundance of money since my mom is one of the best lawyers in Sacramento and my dad is a stock broker that works at home. Because of my dad's job, I always go to NYC every summer.

I always start these journals to flesh out my life and my scenario. I think I have that little speech up there memorized.

I should probably get unpacking...

Random list time!

-get out linen

-organize clothes into drawers

-find a place to store all my makeup

- meet a hot guy

- make Sophie meet a hot guy

- drink coffee to cure my exhaustion

- get hyper

Sounds like a fulfilling day eh?

__________________________

ANNIE: Room 502 3:30pm

"Sophie! Why did you bring so much little kid junk? When are you going to need all of these beanie babies! You haven't touched them since 8th grade! College is about moving on from little kid stuff... Dont even get me started on the forty DVDs you brought.. Disney!"

"Annie! Dont you remember these! C'mon they are small! And adorable! You can't grow up so fast. You'll thank me later when you are home sick and want to watch Disney. I mean, toy story marathons are still a common occurrence with us. And I left so much stuff that I could have brought back in your basement. Thank me for attempting to pack well!"

Ever since Sophie's parents got in that car crash and died, she has been living with me. It's only been a month since they died and she hasnt even attemtped to unpack any of her boxes in my basement. Soph used to be so happy.. Now her eyes have lost their sparkle like before. She pretends like she is happy but I k ow its only a mirage so I won't always try to comfort her. All she has left is big brown eyes of despair and it's killing me to watch her.

"Yeah I guess... Hey how did you get all of your boxes up to your room with Heather so fast? I saw you bringing in one box and twenty minutes later I went back and it was all my boxes! You must have some seriously mad unpacking skills."

Sophie laughed and quietly said,"Oh I just met a guy that I bumped into in the hallway. He was really cool and helped me with my boxes." She lit up with a warm smile that I haven't seen since the accident.

"Really? Good job Soph!" I gave her a high five and pinched her cheeks." my wittle Sophie is growing up!! Awwww."

"Annie we just met we are just friends calm the hell down." She tried to hold in her dorky smile by biting her inner cheeks.

"Alrighty Soph! Well I'm going to go meet my roomate! I'll go help you unpack later. I hope I meet your "friend" very soon." I smirk and wink as I leave the room.

I go next door to find my roomate already unpacked half her stuff on her side of the room. She works quick I guess.

"Hello! I'm Rebecca Doyle! It's very nice to meet you Anne Taylor. I hope that we will get to know each other well this year." Oh dear lord... She's so proper! "uhh Hi Rebecca! Yeah I hope it will be a good year.. So ill just take this side of the bed and it will be okay... Right?"

"Oh of course dear! And say what are you into? Me personally I love speech and debate and politics im actually going into business." She is one of those overly confident types too.

"I'm studying English and French and business. It's kinda a lot haha..." She smiles and continues unpacking. Why couldn't I have a room with Sophie?

I step out to get my last box from the car. "Hey I'm Harry," someone says in a husky voice from behind me.

I almost drop the box as I turn around to face the voice behind me.

"Uhh hi I'm Annie!"

"Hey. I saw you across the lot and thought you seemed cooler than the other girls. In case you haven't noticed, a lot of these girls are stuck up or just weird."

"You said it! That's my new roomate in a nutshell!"

"I actually haven't met my roomate get... Have you seen a guy named Liam?" He leans up against my car so I can't walk away. I push the box back into the trunk so I can continue talking to him.

"So... Annie? What floor are you on? We might be roommates..."

"oh I'm 501!" He talks so slow but I don't know... But his voice just sounds intriguing.

"Aw we are neighbors! I'm 503. I hope we can get to know each other this year Annie. You really do seem cool. Hey how about I carry that box up for you since we are going in the same direction anyway."

I smirk as he picks up my heavy box with ease and we use the elevator to get up. Guys can come to some use. My French teacher always would tell us that "boys pollute the pot". In French, if you have a group of girls it's Elles but if you add one boy it's ils. In this example, boys pollute the pot. She inspired me to continue to study French. Sophie was just as affected and is trying to become a translator whereas I would love to be a teacher just like Madame.

I always do this! I keep on making thoughts in my head and ignore other people!

"Uhh Thanks so much Harry for helping me. It's really nice of you."

We make eye contact and I notice exactly how bright green his eyes are. They seem gorgeously green. We stare into each others eyes for a little longer than normal and I abruptly break the eye contact to see him smiling out of the corner of my eye.

"Well I'll see you later Annie. Hey umm can I get your number? We can text and maybe hang out soon?" I type my name and number into his smartphone and continue into my room. Let's just try to get some of my checklist done before Rebecca annoys the life out of me.

Okay well I met a hot guy..something off my list already. I smile at the wall and take out my linen to make my bed and I put my clothes into drawers. I'll get coffee later to get hyper and everything will be okay since Sophie met a hot guy on her own.

"Pump it up Annie!" I mentally yell to myself as I organize my room. I'm ready for the fun to begin.