Chapter 4: Barbie? More like Plastic.

I slumped out of class, and trudged to my locker. Ah, the memories. People pranking me, sticking up embarrassing photos, dumping paint all over me. Those were the heartwarming days. Now it's just cry, weep, and bawl like a baby time.

    "Hey T.P," A deep voice shook the grounds of the torture chamber. I looked up, Zeke. Evil, evil, Zeke. I never did anything to him, but for some reason he loves my agony. It's like he lives off my pain. His dark hair covered parts of his dark eyes, evil lurking through the shadows of his thoughts. He was popular. No doubt about that. Football team, player, total jock, partier. But why did he take the time out of his day, to hurt me? I shall probably never know.

    "Y-yes?" I dared to stare into his eyes. Fear rushing through me like a stampede. As if they all crushed my happiness cookies and fluffy rainbows. I couldn't rely on those anymore. I had to be optimistic. Why be optimistic when you can be gone from the world? Maybe he wouldn't hurt me, possibly even just be there to talk. No, he wouldn't. After all, I'm just a punching bag for the jocks. Just a punching bag. Just remember to twist your ring when someone or thing good comes your way. Train yourself to think only happy thoughts, only think of the ring. I am broken, but hopefully, I'll find my way to not be totally in pieces.

    "Here's Matthew's, Trent's, Sterling's, and Tristan's homework. These are all due tomorrow." He commanded me. "Oh, and you can't forget mine." He speaks in a baby voice, pouting. "I'm sure there's about two essays in there! Have fun!" Zeke sauntered away. He stopped, coming back towards me. "Oh, and don't make it too good, or the teachers will suspect something. Got it? And you better not say anything or... ," he raises his fists in front of my face and smirks."Get it? Got it? Good." He strolled towards the other side of the school.

    He usually gave me the stuff after school. Why now? Did the guys have something to do? I decided not to dwell on the fact, and be thankful that he didn't hurt me again. It's happened before. I sighed and continued walking to class. I had math. I prayed and prayed that I aced the quiz we had yesterday. I knew I wasn't good enough for it, but I prayed. It's the only way to get out of this hellhole.

Eventually, it was lunch. I sat outside, near a tree, like I do everyday. As usual, I didn't eat anything. My stomach grumbled in protest, but I didn't give in. That's right, don't eat, you'll become a freaking balloon if you do. I mean look at those thighs. They're huge! What would the people think?  I wouldn't let the hot liquid drip out of my eyeballs. I wouldn't. I would read. Reading is good. People you could never be. Yeah, I'll read. I snatched up my backpack from the ground and started reaching into it. I grabbed the book and looked at the title, Uglies. It is a great book. It's about people who are ugly, but get surgeries to be perfectly beautiful. But the government controls you after you get the surgery. And etc. Tis a perfect book. I started to read, each page flipped with excitement to the next. The crisp sound of pages turning, the new book smell, it brought joy to my ears. I twisted the ring. Three.

"What do you think you're doing?" A new figure approached me with her "squad" behind her. Ah, Mikayla Castellanos. She wasn't a normal, mean girl, like Regina George. She didn't have blond hair or blue eyes. Oh no, she had pin straight jet-black hair that was always near her waistline. A model physique outlined her, making her the most puke-ular person at school. Her green eyes were full of envy, though I can't imagine why. Her earrings always dangled far down to her chin.

"I'm reading." I stated, obviously.

"Ew, reading is for nerds. Like go die nerd." She scoffed, her lips twitched up in disgust.

I don't know what came over me, but I clearly declared, "I am a nerd. Get your facts right."

"Ugh, you think that you can talk to me like that? Well, no, you can't," She sassily spoke, her eyebrows raised and arms were crossed. She looked at her little fashion minions and they nodded back at her.