The Empty Child - III

Start from the beginning

Jack wasn't having it. He took a scarf from around his neck and took both of her wrists in his hand.

"What are you doing?" Lily exclaimed.

"Just be quiet for a second." He then started to tie her wrists together.

She raised her eyebrows noticing how weird this looks. "Okay, um . . Jack? I don't know what you're planning on doing but - "

"Relax Lillian."

She bit her tongue and nodded. Sometimes her sass can get a bit too much. She waited for him to press a button and gasped when she witnessed little gold things seem to dance around her palms.

"Incredible." She said in delight. "They look a bit like stars?" She noticed. "What are they?"

"Nanogenes," Jack replied, admiring Lily's smile. "Sub-atomic robots. The air in here is full of them. They just repaired three layers of your skin."

"Well then," She spoke as Jack untied her wrists. "Tell them I said thank you."

"Do you . . forgive me?" He seemed nervous to ask.

Lily was taken back. "What?"

"Do you forgive me?" He repeated. "Do you forgive me for making you feel like you were worthless?"

Lily's breath caught in her throat. "I mean it's kinda hard to given how you left me. It's taken me three years to forgive but I think .  ." She paused.

"You think what?" Jack pressed on with a hopeful look.

She took him in with a frown before answering. "I think-" She took in a breath. "I need more time. You really hurt me, Jack. Do you understand that?"

Jack took a long look at her then sighed, shaking his head. "Well then, guess I gotta change your mind, huh?" Come on."

"No, Jack-" She watched him open a hatch from the roof and let it descend. "Um, where are we going?" Lily asked.

"To change your mind." He called out as he climbed the steps. "Bring the glasses."

Lily looked over at the champagne glasses and sighed. She had no choice but to follow him.

"You coming, Lillian?" Jack called out from the roof.

Grabbing the glasses she rolled her eyes and made her way to the steps. "Can you stop it with the Lillian? It's worst than Red."

-

Her jaw dropped when she seemed to be standing on air. "Wait? I know I'm standing on something?

Jack seemed proud that he stumped her. He pulled out a remote and pressed a button making the spaceship appear under their feet.

"So you have an invisible spaceship? Tethered up Big Ben for what exactly?" She asked.

"The first rule of active camouflage," He popped open the bottle of champagne and started to fill up their glasses. "Park somewhere you'll remember." He took a sip out of his and smirked at her over the rim. "Have I impressed you, Miss Carter?"