The Long Game - V (Final)

Start from the beginning

"You'll have to stay and explain it." Cathica said. "No one's going to believe me."

"Oh, they might start believing a lot of things now." The Doctor told her. "The human race should accelerate. All back to normal."

"What about your friend?" Cathica nodded over to Adam who was heading their way.

Remembering, not just what he did to his head, but how he treated Lily he spoke with rage. "He's not my friend."

Lily knew to keep her mouth shut. She knew how The Doctor felt about Adam so she didn't want to kindle the fire.

"I'm all right now. Much better." Adam smiled. "And I've got the key." He handed it back to Lily who put it around her neck, tucking it inside her shirt so her Gallifrayen necklace was still visible. "Look, it's. . " He stuttered seeing the Doctors expression. "It all worked out for the best, didn't it? You know, it's not actually my fault, because you were in charge!"

The Doctor pushed Adam into the TARDIS Rose hurrying behind them. "Doctor! I know what he did but don't hurt him!"

Lily stood out of the TARDIS with Cathica. "Hey . . um," she smiled. "I know we don't know each other very well but stop doubting yourself, kay? Have hope that you're doing the right thing."

"Okay." Cathica chuckled.

Lily gave her a quick but tight hug then retreated to her blue box.

-

After the TARDIS materialized The Doctor shoved Adam out. Lily stepped out as well with Rose still in the box knowing this wasn't her conversation to have.

"It's my house!" Adam breathed while the Doctor closed the TARDIS door. "I'm home! Oh, my God, I'm home! Blimey. I thought you were going to chuck me out of an airlock."

They were quiet for a moment until Lily finally spoke. "Adam? Is there something you want to tell us?" Her voice was soft. Heartbroken that he betrayed them. She had hope in him, but he screwed it up.

"No." He lied to her face. "What do you mean?"

"Give me my phone." She took out her hand. He hesitated. "Now."

"She's short and feisty." The Doctor commented about his crush. "I wouldn't mess with her."

Adam took her purple Nokia and gave it to her. While she pocketed it the Doctor headed to Adam's answering machine. "The archive of Satellite Five. One second of that message could've changed the world." he aimed his sonic at the phone letting it explode. "That's it then. See you."

"How do you mean, see you?"

"As in goodbye."

"But what about me?" He whined looking at Lily know she'll help him,. "You can't just go. I've got my head. I've got a chip type two. My head opens."

"What? Like this?" The Doctor snapped his fingers, opening the portal.

"Don't." Adam shouted, snapping his fingers, closing the portal.

"Don't do what?" He opened it again with a smirk.

"Stop it!" Adam shouted, closing it again.

"Doctor," Lily called over her shoulder. "Knock it off. Please."

"Thank you." He looked down at Lily. "Come on Lily, please? I know you'd help me."

Lily sneered and took a step foreward, arms crossed. "I had hope in you." She said. "We understood each other wanting to see the stars. I entrusted you with things about my past. Do you know how hard it is to talk about that?"

The Doctor listen on, ready to jump in if he tried to make a move.

"I made a mistake. . ."

"A dire one, at that."

"But trust me Red when I say I'll do better." He took her hand. "I promise."

Lily took one look at him and bit her lip in thought. Shaking her head she took her hand back. "I don't think so."

She headed back to the Doctor as Adam longingly followed her with his eyes, "Oh and one more thing?" Lily added looking back at him. "Red is a nickname reserved for the Doctor and only him." She chuckled, sadden. "You're half the man he is."

Adam wouldn't stop. "But I want to come to!"

This time the Doctor spoke. "I only take the best. I have Lily."

"And Rose." Lily quickly added.

The Doctor rolled his eyes and stept into his box. Lily took one last look at her ex-friend and smiled. "Goodbye Adam. Have a good life."

---

Author's Note

Buh-bye Adam! Can't say I'll miss you XD

And yet another mention of the Lone Wolf? Hmm . .

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11