Chapter 37- The Wedding

Start from the beginning

My mom goes first she talks about how proud she is of him and how well he is doing in life. Then Carly's mom goes her thick Spanish accent and her tears making it nearly impossible to understand a word. I am up next I pull on my dress as I walk up to the stage to speak. 

I look out and see my brother and Carly smiling at me. 

" My father left when I was 10 years old. Nate was 14. From then on he was the closest thing I had to a father. I love him to bits and pieces. I met Carly fairly recently and honestly in this short amount of time she's become a sister to me. I am so glad to see that they have found each other. love is special and I think that people take it for granted. Nate and Carly are best friends and I think it is every person's dream to marry their best friend. I am so excited for you big brother! I know that the world is going to have unlimited possibilities for you guys. Congratulations!" I say lifting my glass of sparkling cider. The guests all lift their glasses as well.

 I finally breathe. I kind of hate public speaking it makes me feel a bit vulnerable. The music restarts and everyone hit the dance floor. Jax and Zoey are nowhere to be found. They're probably making out somewhere in a corner. Dylan awkwardly asks Cat if she would like to dance. Izayah and Clint are already dancing their heads off. I'm mostly excited because they are having their wedding in October which means that I will get to see my brother and best friends get married in the same year. 

"Hey Candace, would you like to dance?" Liam asks extending his hand. 

"What?" She says her head still on the table. 

"I'm an attractive guy, you're a pretty girl. Let's dance," He says cockily popping his collar. 

"I have a boyfriend, and I don't feel well." She says.  She lifts her head up and her face is beet-red. I feel her forehead. It's burning.

"Liam, we need to get her to a hospital right now," I whisper. 

"Okay," He says as soon as we lift her out of her chair she passes out.

"Quick! Someone call an ambulance! Help! She passed out." Liam yells. Suddenly, people start running around screaming. That's the thing I hate about people. Our first reaction is to panic instead of analyzing the situation. 

My mom and Carly run over and check her out to see if there is an external problem. 

"It's got to be a complication with the pregnancy," Carly says.

"No signs of a premature birth. This is something more complex I think," My mom says.  Luckily, the hospital didn't take too long and two men with stretchers run into the reception hall. They carefully lift her and put her on the stretcher. I run after them, my heels being viciously cut by the strap of my shoe. 

"Is there any family with her?" The man asks. 

"Me! I'm the Godmother of her children!" I say pushing the front of the group. 

"Good. Get in the ambulance," He says allowing me in before he shuts the door. The driver turns on the siren and we speed down the street toward the hospital. They stick all sorts of things in her mouth and in her eyes and stuff. I sit quietly praying that the twins and she are alright. 

After what seems like an eternity we finally arrive at the hospital. THey pull her out and rush her to some part of the hospital I can't go into. 

"Please! Please! You have to let me in! I'm the closest thing she's got to a family!" I bang on the door. The tears freely falling down on my face. I crumble to the ground my legs no longer able to keep me up. I sit on the floor crying for a while before I feel someone lift me off the ground. Liam picks me up and sits in a chair. I cry as he just holds me. I can't hear anything or see anything. I sit there praying she is alright. 

Because for the very first time in my life, the possibility of death is a very real one. 

______________________________________________________________________

I want to start off with my deepest apologies. I have not uploaded in so long I would not be surprised if you guys don't even remember what happened. I started High school and I really struggled. I had to go through a lot. That is reflected in my writing. I am sorry there really is no excuse for this.

On a happier note, I have no school this week. That means I will attempt to update every day. It's not a promise but an attempt. 

Also, I decided to break Bianca's story into two books. Dancing in the Rain is the first one the second one will be out soon. I think that the second half of her story is not really teen fiction. It's more general fiction. I think I have maybe 3 more chapters left in this book. 

I have noticed that a lot of readers will read the first one of a series and not the rest. But, I promise you will want to read part two. That is personally my favorite part. This week I will finish this book and release two or three short chapters about other characters and their lives. 

If you want to see a specific character's soul get completely revealed make sure to leave a comment. 

Please vote

Please share

Peace, Love, and  Rock n' Roll, 

Ali