3. Light

It's dark. So very, very dark. Wandering around in the dark could prove fatal if I continue, but I can't seem to find my house. All I remember is walking home and seeing these bright lights, and now I can't see anything. All I can hear is a faint beeping sound and the buzzing of invisible people.

Maybe I'm dead. Ha, that would be a blessing! I laugh in my head. See, my life isn't going to well, what with me failing my final exams and then my cat died. I got fired from my job and my brother is now sick. All I've wanted to do was escape the world for a while, and now I can! I sit back and relax, enjoying the darkness.

"We're losing her! She's not responding!" I hear yelling echoing around me. Crying emerges from the bustling of people and I recognize it quite well. My mum is crying, but I can't see her. "Please don't die sweetie, please don't die."

So I am dead... I sit to think about this while the screaming around me gets louder. Just as I'm about to run away, a light appears in front of me. I like light, dark is scary. But isn't the light a sign of death? I ponder.

I completely ignore my thoughts and sprint towards the light. As I reach it, I collapse on the ground and start coughing, my chest burning in pain. Am I dying, is this what it feels like? Just as suddenly as the pain starts, it stops and I fall into a deep, endless sleep.

I guess the light isn't that safe after all...

All done this chapter mes beaux fleurs! Next chapter will be up soon!