XIII.

❝CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15.

seokjin hadn't realized he had said it out loud until namjoon stared in shock.

his breathing stutters and suddenly, he's holding his oxygen without much thought.

he can't read the other's expression, but soon his eyebrows are furrowed and lip caught between his teeth.

"oh my god." he whispers and seokjin wants to ask 'what?' but his voice is stuck in his throat.

"you, kim seokjin, are the most perplexing person i have ever met."

at once, the elder finds the courage in himself to speak, and he splutters out his words.

"w-what is that supposed to mean?"

"what it's supposed to mean is that one day you're the most wonderful fucking person  and the other you're avoiding me and ignoring me and just being a plain fucking asshole to me, will you ever make up your goddamn mind?! if i asked you to be my boyfriend would you just say yes and breakup with me after? because to be honest i wanna ask but you just make it so damn difficult!"

seokjin was nibbling on his bottom lip, eyes on his lap and all namjoon could think of was a sad puppy.

"i'm sorry." the shorter boy had murmured. he couldn't bring himself to stare namjoon in the face and to be honest he didn't think he wanted to anyway. he'd probably burst into tears if he did.

the younger man heaves a sigh and takes seokjin's shaky hand in his own. his thumb glides gently over the latter's knuckles and he has the urge to press his lips to them, he brushes the thought to the back of his mind however as he leans down to meet seokjin's gaze, soft but piercing him right through the chest.

making him wanna lean in and hold him close just to feel his warmth against his skin.

they're close, noses brushing ever so subtly but it's not close enough. namjoon can already taste the bitterness of cigarettes mixed with something sweet on seokjin's tongue which sends shivers down his spine and causes for him run his tongue over his dry bottom lip, which seokjin watches intently, mirroring the small act with earnest.

and soon, namjoon finally asks: "hyung, if i asked you to be my boyfriend, would you reject me?" his free hand comes up to cup said boy's burning cheek, eyes flickering from his lips back to his deep brown eyes.

seokjin hesitates, gnawing at his mouth as he avoids the latter's gaze. "i don't know, will you ever ask me?"

and namjoon can't help but let a small chuckle leave his mouth as he leans closer, head tilted and forehead pressed to the boy's.