Chapter 20: We meet again

I was then dragged by the guys to where ever the hell they're taking me, that last shock I received really did a bit of damage. For now I have to focus the energy I had in healing the open wounds on my body.

I then heard noise as the door open I was push inside, my balance was a bit off so I ended up on my knees.

I host my body up my eyes widened at the scene.

'What's going on here?' I asked myself as I looked around.

Their was children mostly around the age of 5-7 staring at me but unlike, normal children. Some had extra limbs, I look closely those limbs didn't look human like, it was more like animal, some of them even had ears of animals while others have tails. As they stare at me their eyes were dull and had different shape and sizes. All of them had on the same collar.

'Could it be that's why children have been going missing so often?' I felt heart broken.

One of the got up and walked over to me,

By the look of her, it seems they used a cat DNA. Her ears was black and pointy, she had a black tail which was in between her legs, her eyes were cat like.

"Hey how old are you?" I asked

She opened her mouth but nothing came out. She then held up her hand revealing her long claw like fingernails.

"Six?" I asked.

She nodded.

She pointed on me, I guess she wanted to my age.

"Am 17." I said. She smiled showing me her sharp teeth.

She then pointed on her ears and tail then pointed on me and shung her shoulder hands in the air.

"Am sorry I don't understand." I said, "Hmm...." I then started to think.

"I know." I close my eyes and focus.

'Can you hear me?' I asked telepathically.

Her eyes widened as she nodded.

'Okay.. Just imaging yourself taking.' I said.

She nodded the close her eyes after a few minutes I heard a faint voice.

'Hel..lo.'

'Yes just a bit louder and I'll —'

"Jo-jo!" A female  voice  called out breaking both of us focus.

She then turn around, then turn back to me, then smile and wave. She ran towards the girl as she whisper something in her ears. Her facial expression dropped as the little girl turned and look at me. She walked back the the group.

"What did you told her?" I asked.

"You don't realize what you're doing Saya?"

I look at the girl who was taller then the rest I almost didn't recognized her. But I knew that voice anywhere, "Kailya?"

She then grab my hand and pull to the corner away where its quite. She then look at me then began talking, "If those children figure out that they have abilities, they're are going to be tested again... They have already been through a lot....even me.. If they notices the slightest change in those children behaviour they will come after them again."

"But how do they know?" I asked.

She then pointed on the collar, "I found out that they installed a small chip inside to collect data."

"Who are those guys?" I asked.

"I don't know but I wouldn't call them scientists.. Their inhuman methods, just look what they have done us..they turned us into animals."

She then grabbed me by the left hand and held it up so she can see,

"A three dimensional trigram seal." She said softly, "Why?"

"Oh.." I told Kailya what happened.

"... I don't understand what's happening. I believe I can handle it but Lucas don't."

"Hmm..." She turn away from me thinking.

My eyes widened, 'Why didn't I notice?' I look at kailya's clothes that was sodden in blood.

"Kailya..not to change the topic but what happened to your back?"

"Oh...that." She said then look at the floor.

"what did they do?" I asked.

"Hm.." She pulled her dress down revealing something white. I held breath after realizing what it was.'Wings?? Bird wings??' I look at where they were coming out from, the area was bloody. 

"They genetically modified me..seeing that I was still developing." She look at her hand, "If it wasn't for the sigil my body wouldn't of contained it and this was the result. They also increase my growth sprout.. So even if I'm 2.. My body is one of a 10 year old."

'Well that explains her size.' I looked at her as she pulled the shirt up, "It hurt a lot and am not custom to it yet...but I still gain something out of it."

"Wha—" I was cut off when the door opened and someone else was flung into the room.

"Max!" Kailya shouted then ran up to him. He was covered in blood with cuts and burises. Kailya knelt down besides him, he looked badly injured and.... My eyes widened when he looked up at Kailya.... He looked like a spilting image of Jeremy.

I covered my mouth.