Chapter XXXI : For Peace

MerryChristmas।

Rowan's P.O.V

Seamus De Santis. Where have I heard that name before? Oh right, the Leader of the gang that is hunting Elaine. Fantastic.

I sighed annoyed. "And why am I supposed to care?"

His lips twitched in a smile. "That's the wrong question to ask."

I raised my brows in amuesment and then huffed. "What should I be asking you, then?"

He grinned, and motioned for me to follow him. I narrowed my eyes and walked slowly behind him.

There was a bench on the side of the road, where obviously he had parked his car.

"What do you want?" I inquired with a soldom face.

"I want you to join my gang. Team up with me to kill your wife." He said bluntly with a grin.

"And why would you think that I'd ever do that?" I asked him with amuesment.

He sighed sarcastically. "Well, for many reasons. One, she lied to you about her own self. Let's see, you are living with a person you know nothing about. Two, if you really do know the full story, you'd know that she is the reason behind many losses. Three, she has been decieving you this whole time. Not only that, but she plans to have your daughter." He said with a sad smile.

"And why on earth would I believe you?"

"Listen, Rowan. My goal in this world has been nothing but pure. I kill people for the same reason you kill people." He said, sounding like a total psychopath.

I raised my brows. "And that reason is?"

"For peace." He widely grinned.

I paused. "You think I kill people for peace?"

"Don't you? You do it unconciously. I have checked all your papers and documents. All the people you have killed are rapists, criminals, bank robberers, drug dealers, gangsters. You are a theif yourself, but do you know what I found out? All your operations where for a secretive FBI mission."

My eyes widened. What the hell? How on earth did he know that?

"You hacked the FBI agent system?" I asked him utterly shocked.

He chuckled. "I am a good tech, too."

"Are you out of your mind? You cannot possibly access these systems. They are blocked on any computers, even in the FBI buliding. The moment you even try to hack them, they automatically disfunction your computer or whatever it is that you are using."

"But since I already know all that, I have my own ways to access them. Don't worry yourself about it, your secret is safe." He said and laughed.

I glared at him. "I won't team up with a psychopath."

"What if I told you that you wouldn't have to be the one to kill Irena. But, you will only help in the process of making her life miserable?" He said with a suggestive smile.

"I think I'll pass."

"You see, the past of our fathers binds us together. Each has has tried to achieve a certain goal in the name of justice, but fate has been very disappointing, now hasn't it?" He said with an exausted sigh.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Accordingly, I'd assume you were behind the death of Elaine's father."

"Oh, is that what you think? So you don't know the full story, afterall. Well, I admit I was behind the idea but not the one who did the dirty job." He pointed out and started laughing.

I rolled my eyes. "So this is your pathetic concept of peace? Killing people in order to achieve a country without war?"

"I'm sure you already know about the black box. Well, The black box doesn't only contain the plans and formations of the Mafia. But also, documentary that my father has left which can lead us to control the country. Therefore, convince the people that Mafia is the one who can spread true peace." He explained, his eyes twinkiling in excitment.

"That doesn't concern me. You think you're the only ones who matter. You think you can put off death and war. But that peace made you foolish and thoughtless, if you kill someone, someone else will kill you. This hatred is what binds us together." I spat in disgust.

He raised his brows and patted my shoulder whilst I glared at his hand.

"Rowan, you make a point. But someone has to put an end to that cycle. And that is by using the ultimate weapon. The black box."

"Blah blah blah. You focus on the trivial but lose sight of what is important. Change is impossible in this fog of ignorance. How can we evolve when regulation is all we know?" I deadpanned.

"Change in fact is impossible, that's why I will gain control over the people of this country. They will have no choice but to change. By controlling their lives I will have achieved my goal. The Ultimate World Peace." He said with a wide grin.

I scowled. "Life is to be lived, not controlled. And humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat."

"No matter, what you say now will not change anything. But, since I like your intellectuality, I will show you a little something that will help you take the decision of joining me." He muttered, walking towards me.

I narrowed my eyes and sighed.

Elaine's P.O.V

Rowan has been out for an hour or even more, shouldn't he back by now?

I got up with a huff and dialed his number.

Great, he's not even picking up. What if I got kidnapped again?

"Why are you calling me?" Suddenly a voice came out of nowhere.

I screamed my heart out and jumped from horror.

I released a breath of relief when I saw Rowan standing with a blank expression.

"Well?" He repeated.

"You were gone for an hour." I stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

He furrowed his brows and then sighed annoyed. "Great. Now you are acting like the clingy wife."

My jaw dropped.

"I am not!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night." He chuckled.

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. "Just shut up."

______

Hello Christmas Elves!

Have a Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoyed your present! 🎄🎅

Loveyou ❤