Chapter XIX : Wait, Daddy?

Kindly insert your playlist here.

Listen to The song above.

Elaine's P.O.V

I gulped down the vodka I had poured in my glass, and sat up on the counter of my mother's kitchen. Jason was asleep, and Josephine was in as well sleeping in the guest room.

I was dead bored. Plus, I had nothing to do. Getting drunk is always an escape. Either for boredom or whatever people use it for.

Mum walked in, all dressed up in a fancy navy dress, her 6 inch leather high heels clicking on the wooden tiles.

I raised my eyebrows in amusement, watching her all worked up and nervous.

"Yo, mum. Who's the pussy you are going out with for this week that finally turned you into a woman?" I asked her jokingly, a chuckle erupting from my throat.

She froze, her eyes widening as she glared up at me, she slapped her hand to her mouth, looking me up and down in horror.

"Jesus Christ, why on earth are you still in your pajamas, Elle?!" She screamed nervously.

I furrowed my eyebrows, and poured more vodka in my glass.

"What do you mean? I'm at home. It's what people wear you know, at night. It's 8:00." I pointed out like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Well, it is.

"Exactly! It's 8:00! Merda! We have a business dinner, Elaine!" She yelled in worry, scanning my messed up hair, smudged mascara, my almost-drunk state, and dressed in nothing but a pair of PJ's.

I froze, and looked at her, this time mirroring her expression.

"What dinner, mum?" I asked her, standing on my feet. My eyes wide. Business?

"I-…You-…Didn't I mention it?!"

I shook my head, staring at her go co-co.

"Let's go, let's go! Come!" She yelled grasping my wrist tightly and dragging me to my room.

"Okay do your make-up and hair neatly and fancy but fast, and I will bring you one of my dresses."

I choked on air, and glared at her shaking my head in disapproval.

"Like hell I'm wearing your clothes."

She rolled her eyes and sighed, opening my closet, she impatiently looked through.

I tried fixing my face as fast as I could, I winged a line on the side of my eye and added mascara of course with a light dark eye shadow, although I am not a fan of make-up this is urgent. I would never put these powders on my face like some doll.

After brushing my hair, I curled it into tight coal black curls so that they were bouncing down to my waist.

Mum held her hand up, holding a strapless and plain above knee-length dress. When I wore it, it hugged my curves tightly, and pushed my breasts slightly up, so that a slight part of my cleavage was showing. And that isn't OK. I wore a thick slightly heavy silver diamond necklace to cover the plainliness.

I rolled my eyes as I stared at my form in the mirror, Marianne ran to me and held black heels, a gold lining at the their bottom and at the heel square.

I glared at them and glanced at mum.

She glared back and rolled her eyes.

"Like hell I'm wearing these leg killers without tights. They will bruise my toes."