Chapter 6 - Moving Onward

A/N - Sorry it's been a while since I updated last, I don't really have a good excuse except for a small dose of writer's block and becoming absorbed into the Undertale Au amino app... I'm pretty sure that sucked up my soul he he. Either way I'm getting back on with the story, so without further ado....

Much to the annoyance of Chara, Frisk did not leave the next day and she ignored his insistent pleas and demands. Frisk was enjoying her time with the skeleton brothers, she got to know them a lot more than last time and could not help but adore them even more. Most of her time was spent with Sans as he would happily laze around the house much to Papyrus' annoyance, but even the younger brother admitted that he did not want to leave Frisk alone in the house while she was still unwell. When she was 'suitably well' for his standards they had their 'date' Chara grumbled and complained through it all, Frisk found it highly amusing.

"HUMAN. IT'S CLEAR NOW. YOU'RE MADLY IN LOVE WITH ME!"

"Oh peeerrrlease! He can't honestly be seriously thinking, that right?" Chara growled rolling his eyes, Frisk just smiles,

"EVERYTHING YOU DO, EVERYTHING YOU SAY, IT'S ALL BEEN FOR MY SAKE. HUMAN, I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY, TOO. IT'S TIME FOR ME TO EXPRESS MY FEELINGS..."

"He better not..." Chara mutters lowly, eyes narrowing,

"IT'S TIME THAT I TOLD YOU. I, PAPYRUS... I... UM... BOY, IS IT HOT IN HERE, OR IS IT JUST ME??" he pauses smiling nervously, Chara starts to laugh and Frisk finds it rather hard to ignore his bellows of laughter but somehow manages it, "OH SHOOT, HUMAN, I... I'M SORRY. I DON'T LIKE YOU THE WAY YOU LIKE ME. ROMANTICALLY I MEAN, I TRIED VERY HARD TO!" he glances away, "I THOUGH THAT BECAUSE YOU FLIRTED WITH ME... THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOU. THEN, ON THE DATE, FEELINGS WOULD BLOSSOM FORTH!!!" a dusting of red lights up his cheekbones, "I WOULD BE ABLE TO MATCH YOUR PASSION FOR ME! BUT ALAS... I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS... HAVE FAILED." he looks so disappointed in himself that Frisk places a hand on his arm in comfort, "I FEEL JUST THE SAME AS BEFORE, AND INSTEAD, BY DATING YOU... I HAVE ONLY DRAWN YOU DEEPER..."

"Could he be any more innocent?" Chara chuckles,

"INTO YOUR INTENSE LOVE FOR ME!" Papyrus grips Frisk's shoulders and he looks into her warm amber eyes, " A DARK PRISON OF PASSION, WITH NO ESCAPE."

"I'm sorry what?" Chara cracks up again, Frisk wishes he would control his laughter,

"HOW COULD I HAVE DONE THIS TO MY DEAR FRIEND...? NO! WAIT! THAT'S WRONG!" his grip tightens ever so slightly and he gives her a little shake, "I CAN'T FAIL AT ANYTHING!!!" he now grins down at her, "HUMAN!!! I'LL HELP YOUR THROUGH THESE TRYING TIMES!!! I'LL KEEP BEING YOUR COOL FRIEND... AND ACT LIKE THIS ALL NEVER HAPPENED. AFTER ALL, YOU ARE VERY GREAT. IT WOULD BE TRAGIC TO LOSE YOUR FRIENDSHIP, SO PLEASE.... DON'T CRY BECAUSE I WON'T KISS YOU."

"As if I'd let you get close to," Chara mutters finally having control over his laughter,

"BECAUSE, I DON'T EVEN HAVE LIPS."

"Did he just..." Chara stood dumb founded for a moment before snorting out another laugh, "I'm done, I'm out, let me know when we are leaving!" and he floats out of the room phasing through the wall,

"AND HEY, SOMEDAY, YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE AS GREAT AS ME. WELL, NO. THAT'S NOT TRUE... BUT I'LL HELP YOU SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST!!! NYEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!!!" he turns to leave the room but pauses to turn back, "OH, AND IF YOU EVER NEED TO REACH ME..." he hands Frisk a small slip of paper with numbers on it, "HERE'S MY PHONE NUMBER. YOU CAN CALL ME ANY TIME! PLATONICALLY. WELL, GOTTA GO! NYEH HEH HEH!" he dashes from the room quickly. Frisk spends a moment saving his number onto the phone Toriel gave her, a frown ghosts across her face and she tries to ring Toriel, but no one answers. We a little sigh she heads out of the room and in search of Chara, it was time to move onward.