Chapter 7 : So That's Why...

Start from the beginning

"Who's reading today?" Russia asked like he always did. "I guess I will." Austria said standing up an grabbing the book. He cleared his throat before he started to read.

'Dear diary, PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'

I couldn't help but laugh at the thing especially since Austria drew it out in his monotonous voice. Most of the people agreed with me on this part. "I'm guessing this one is China's." Austria said unamused. "Hey pandas are adorable!" He shouted.  Soon the laughing died down and Austria started to read again. An incredulous look crossing his face.

'America and Canada cannot get pregnant. Though, all the states and provinces are personified, they appear similar to how most nations do. Nations starts off as children due to being micro nations, states,territories, or provinces. They only become adults when they become independent nations.'

The whole room was silent. Most countries shot them looks and some were just confused. The worst out of the bunch would of had to have been France and England. Since they had raised them and I'm pretty sure they did not know this little fact. 

(America's POV)

I was really hoping that secret wouldn't have been revealed but if the ancients thought it was important then okay. My brother on the other hand looked utterly petrified. "A-america  you have 50 states right?" Japan asked in a shaky voice.

"Yeah but that doesn't even count the territories or capital." I said in my usual way. Though I tried not to cringe at it. "Wow America! That's a lot of children to raise." Italy said flashing me an encouraging smile. "Yeah they're a handful but not as bad as Canada's" I said smiling at the fond memories. Reunions were a nightmare for sure.

"You idiots! Why didn't you tell any of us!? We could've helped or done something!" England yelled standing up. "For once, England is right. Why didn't you tell us?" I put a hand on the back of my neck but luckily my bro answered for me.

"We were both scared at what would happen to them." He said quietly. "After all since they were our kids we only wanted to keep them safe. If we told you guys they could be used as leverage against us." He mumbled. "And I swear if any of you lay one finger on them, you're going to regret it. Understand?" I asked looking at them.

Feeling satisfied after a few stiff nods I relaxed in my chair as Austria continued.

'Whenever England is drunk, he calls America 'Murica.'

I look across the table and see England bury his face in his hands with a groan. I chuckled as I remembered that. As soon as he was sober I kept pestering him about it until it became really popular in my country. "Dude knows how to party!" I said hearing him sputter a response, I snigger. Austria, who seemed to be done with our shenanigans continued.

'There's a softer side to him that few people get to see. Why? Most people are so put off by his rough exterior that they don't bother trying to really get to know the real him. He's deeper than people think. There's so much more to him than a quick temper and gunfire. He just wishes others could see that.'

(Japan's POV)

And thus another round of awkward silence began. I will admit I was confused on who it was at first but at the mention of gunfire it became very clear. "That was yours wasn't it, Switzerland?" Austria said, his eyes shadowed. I looked over to see Switzerland's hair covering his eyes.

The silence continued for a moment, never being disrupted before Austria abruptly began to read again.

'It has been recorded that many outbreaks of yellow fever from 1668 to 1853 occurred in the U.S. The first outbreak started in New York of 1668. America was still a child, living in England's house alone. England was away on a business trip, so America was left to deal with the outbreak himself. That's why Canada would sneak over to England's house to help America deal with the yellow fever.'

Austria finished this entry by trailing of near the end. "So that's why you had always been sneaking off in the middle of the night." France said as he stood and pet both of his sons head's. England didn't say anything on the matter whether  it be pride, regret, or disbelief he sat with a unreadable expression.

"I think now would be an awesome time for a break!" The Prussian shouted dashing out the door before anyone could say anything. Germany let out a sigh before saying. "Alright time for a break!"

*Wow, this took a lot longer than I had hoped to publish. Please don't be mad at me for this but it is really hard to balance Wattpad, school, homework and my personal life. I really hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I will see all of you next time, Bye!*