After Knowing, Things May Not Change As What You Think

You have the knowledge, you have to learn how to deal with social life. This time, you HAVE to tell someone about it.

There are many ways to help these people. Now I've known that Autism is now common than it was in the past. Why should we be afraid of? What is hindering us? Why do we feel ostracized and being made fun of?

I can tell you about my school life. Students tempt to use the word 'Autistic' to call someone or describe them, even though they aren't signs of Autism. I was called that many times, it proves that I am DIAGNOSED WITH AUTISM, not being defined by the word 'autistic'. This disorders is not meant to label us but to accept ourselves for who we are.

It is not funny that you use the word 'autistic' to describe someone, just like calling someone 'fat' is not funny as well. By calling someone 'Autistic', you are defining them as one. This is something that we do not know, but if you have known, please never repeat the same mistake again.

Well, you may feel that this 'autistic' person has no friends because of his/hee behaviour, that's actually normal because you don't want to cause trouble. It's human nature. If you sympathize with them and understand what's going on, keep an open mind. Don't be too quick yo judge them, but talk to them. Accept them for who they are, be a GENUINE friend! They will change their attitude towards you in a way.

Secondly, include them. I was excluded from young till now and often be alone, so by asking then to be included in your clique, they'll understand you and in a way be good friends.

Thirdly, it's nothing wrong to be different. Let them be who they want to be (warning : safety. If they are suicidal or depressed, stop them, counsel them and give emotional support). You may realise that they will tempt to talk about something interesting and you may not know about it.

Lastly, be a genuine friend, they like genuine people but some may hate exclusion. Not by pretending to like them, but to actually be a friend yourself.

It is not easy but if you give in, you'll receive.