Chapter 10

EDITED ! 

Chapter 10

I quietly made my way through the woods following the howling. I stopped when I didn’t hear anything, not even an owl or bird. My eye brows pulled together. I heard voice pick up as I walked farther. This is a really bad idea. I picked up my pace. My heart skipped a beat when I saw a clearing about four yards ahead of me. I could see something in it or someone.  I started to walk quicker. I gasped when my foot hit a tree stump and made me fall. Oh God I’m totally busted. Luckily my hands caught my fall so I didn’t have a face full of dirt.

                I looked up I was so close. I started to crawl towards the opening. When I got to the edge I saw about fifty or more wolves. I gasped, my body froze in fear. There is a wooden plat from in front of the wolves.  Three wolves stood on it, one of them I noticed right away. Storm! Strom was up there! Oh my lord! Please tell this isn’t a wolf hanging. I must be seeing things! I watched Storm walk up to the edge all the other wolfs howled. My eyes widen and I covered my ears.

                All of a sudden Strom was a human. Not just any human but Dylan! Ok the hospital must have given me some seeing drug. I closed my eyes and rubbed them. I open them again, he is still there.  I did the only thing I knew how to do: I screamed bloody murder and ran like angry dogs were chasing me.

Dylan’s P.O.V

                I saw the rest of the pack coming up. I nodded my head at them to follow me they all did. We ran though the forest to an open circle. This is where we held all of our meetings.   It took another twenty minutes for everyone to get here. Once everyone is here I changed into my human form. Just as I was about to start the meeting a scream caught my sensitive ears. My head twisted so fast that if I were a human my neck would have snapped. I looked to see a girl running from the clearing. I smirked as soon as I recognized her. Val.

                “Everyone stay here!” I demanded in my alpha voice.

                I jumped off the stage turning into my wolf in midair. I growled and started to run faster. She shouldn’t have ran. She has no clue what is coming for her. My wolf loves a chase. I put my snout to the ground and caught her sent. My wolf road as he got her scent. She didn’t get that far I knew it. Her sent came to a abrupt stop. I looked around confused until I saw a figure against a tree. She was shaking like a leaf.

                “Y-your S-s-storm?” She asked as soon as I turned into my human form. I stared down at her leaning against a tree. Her eyes connected with mine making it hard to breath.

                I took a step towards her. She tried to get up and back away but she tripped and fell onto her butt. A little chuckle left my lips but instantly regret it. She whimpered and crawled farther away. My wolf growled at her, she instantly stopped moving.  

                “Val?” I asked. She pulled her knees up to her chest and began to cry. “Val,” I whispered in her ear.

                “You lied!” she shouted. I was a little confused. How did I lie? She never asked me if I was a werewolf.

                “How did I lie?” I said voicing my thoughts. She froze.  “Val?”

                “Y-you,” she stopped herself from continuing. She shook her head hard, tears still falling down her face. Her eye brows knitted together. “Never mind.”

                “Val, I was going to tell you,” I told her. I was but not this soon. I sat down by her I felt her stiffen by me but didn’t move away. I pulled her into my lap. She continued to cry into my chest.  I didn’t care that she was getting my shirt wet. I hurt her and I didn’t know how I did but I still did.

                One thing I promised my grandma before she died that when I find my mate I will not hurt her. I will treat her like a queen. I felt like I failed my grandma and most of all, my mate, Valarie.  Soon she fell asleep in my arms. I picked her up and started my walk back to the house.

                When I got to her bedroom I laid her there. I pulled the covers up for her. I looked at the clock to see it is two ‘o’clock in the morning. I looked back at Val. She looked so beautiful.  So at peace. I climbed into the bed next to her forgetting about the pack meeting. I let them go home after I figured out I was not leaving Val’s side tonight.

                I knew I shouldn’t of but I could help it. I wanted her; I wanted to be by her or be with her. Nothing will be able to pull me away from her. She is mine and I do not share well or at all.