chapter 6

//Ned & Peter//

Ned and peter made a discovery while John was in school that could cause trouble for them. With the accords underway, their discovery could take lives, and cause conflict with government officials.

"I saw it with my own eyes. Ned, he isn't a normal kid." Peter was spilling out the info he had found the night before that had his heart jumping since the moment he found his son opening up barriers.

"Just what are you saying Pete, that our son is part of some movie?"

"Don't play dumb, Ned. Our son is a mutant. If he was like me an, accident i could fix it. He isn't that easy. He is born into it and that's not something you can hide from."

"Our son is not one of those...." Ned paused instantly regretting what he was going to say.

Peter smashing a metal pot with his bare hands looked to the floor.

"Those what! Ned!"

Ned covered his face. Ned had his own reasons to think such a thing but loving one of them means he had to put those reasons away.

"Those freaks?" Peter asked. " Mind you, your boyfriend is one of those freaks. Now i know after all these years why you hadn't popped the question."

Ned voice began to shake as he saw peter tear up. He reached only to be rejected.

"Pete...

"Don't fucking touch me! Since your own son is such a freak don't bother trying to help him. I'll tell him, Alone. You can just stay away."

Peter turned to head for the living room. Had he wanted to punch Ned as hard a possible.

Ned followed him in guilt trying to apologize.

"Peter, i didn't mean it. Stop walking away and talk to me."

"We both know your lying Ned. Whatever happened to you back then was back then. You said that our past should say in the past and now look who is still living there! Those were your own words Ned."

"I know,....

"Ned, just stop okay. There is no reason for you to try to help, you were blessed to be a normal human you wouldn't understand anyway."

The way he spoke to Ned was harsh but all too true. It was figuratively impossible for Ned to understand how it felt to wake up the next day with powers you didn't ask for. Dealing with people who wanted to use your power for themselves.

***
John came home with Clayton already waiting on his room. He dropped from the window onto Johns bed and closed the door while he saw Peter sitting on the couch eyeing John as he sat. Behind the door Clayton peeked through the key hole to watch the scene. He hadn't felt any remorse for uninvitingly eavesdropping on their conversation. He was all to curious.

"John? Can we talk?" Peter said in a soft tone.

John dropped his bag beside the couch nodding his head. His hairline was decorated with sweat.
He was questioning if Peter knew about Clayton.

"Have you been experiencing anything strange or out of the ordinary?" Peter asked balling his hands together.

John watched his father with odd eyes. His breathing began to fasten, he hadn't dared blink.

"Strange How?"

"John, are you scared we will see you any differently?" Peter asked cupping Johns hands.

"Dad, i'm not gay." He said bluntly.

John tried to force a laugh but peter only went straight to the point.

"John, this is serious, have you or have you not done something that humans aren't supposed to do? Do you have abilities?"