Chapter 22

Izzy's POV
I wake up with puffy eyes and feeling extremely terrible. My head is pounding. My throat feels raw and lets not forget the best part

My parabatai can be dying in a separate room. I feel this feeling of loneliness settle upon me.

How could I have not been there for her? I should have protected her! I feel tears well up in my eyes but quickly blink them away.

I begin to walk to the kitchen deciding to cheer myself up a bit with food. On my way I see Madelaine's room.

I decide to check on her for a while before going to the kitchen so I slowly twist the doorknob and walk in.

When I do Alec and Jace are sitting next to each other on the floor. They look up hearing me.

"Hey Iz how are you feeling?" Alec says standing up walking towards me.
"I would feel a lot better once she wakes up." I say standing next to Madelaine.

Her blonde hair is sprawled across the fluffy pillow and her arms a laying flat by her side.

Her skin looks extremely pale and her cheeks don't have the regular pink tint to them.

"Please wake up. I need you!" I whisper and place a soft kiss on her cheek

"I am going to the kitchen to get some cheer up food. You guys are coming whether you want to or not because knowing you two you won't eat." I say grabbing Alec's arm then taking Jace's and dragging them out the room ignoring their groans of protest.

"Iz I love you but let me cook because your cooking skills suck"Jace says causing me to roll my eyes but smile softly and Alec to lightly chuckle.

"What are you going to make?" Alec asks and I look up curious to know as well. "Homemade pizza because pizza is the best." Jace responds leaving me and Alec to nod out heads in agreement.

Since the kitchen door was open I saw Hodge reading a book. "Hey guys I will be back in a second." I say and run after Hodge.

"Hodge!" I yell catching up to him and gaining his attention. "Hey Isabelle you look better. What can i help you with?" he says

"Thank you and if its not too much to ask. Can you stay in Madelaine's room none if us are there and I don't want something bad to happen with no one is the room." I tell him

"Of course"he says and I sigh giving him a hug."thank you" I whisper before going back into the kitchen.

When I walk in the pizza still isn't ready. "How long is this pizza going to take"i groan and Jace laughs.

"Iz its been 15 minutes we still need around 10 more. Calm down." he says and I take my seat next to Alec.

"Are you sure your ok?"he ask and I look at him. "Alec if it was Jace in this position how would you feel?" I ask and he sighs

"I would feel horrible. Iz if you need anything just tell me ok" he responds and I nod. A comfortable silence falls upon us until we hear the ding of the timer go off.

"Finally!" I yell taking the pizza put of the oven. We all cut the pizza and take a slice. " I still can't believe that you managed to ruin pizza the last time you cooked Izzy" Jace mumbled eating his slice.

"Shut up!"I say and that's when Jace and Alec bring up all the times that I 'failed' in cooking

After we were all done we were just talking about memories that we had together when we heard a voice.

"I NEED HELP IN HERE RIGHT NOW!!" The voice yelled. It took me a moment to realize it was Hodge who was with Madelaine

We all exchanged looks before running out towards Madelaine's room

That's when an excruciating pain consumed my body. I fell to the floor with a thud and both Jace and Alec fell to the floor to find out what was wrong

"Iz what's wrong." Alec and Jace say together. That's when I lift up my shirt a bit revealing my parabatai rune that was slowly fading.

"Madelaine" I splutter out before grabbing my stomach in pain. That's when memories of us flashed in my brain

I was almost reliving every memory before I couldn't feel her. I couldn't  feel Madelaine! It was like the other half of me was missing.

I looked down at my rune to see it was gone. "Shes dead. I can't feel her anymore" I cried and that when Jace stood up yelling in agony punching the wall and Alec stood there in a daze with tears rolling down his face.

She's dead

I'm sorry please don't hate me!!! Please leave a vote or comment unless you don't want to. Also i apologize for any grammar mistakes. Anyways have a great day and wait for my next chapter😇 have an amazing day lovelies💞💞💞