Chapter 4

Madelaine POV
The minute we returned to the institute Alec quickly rushed me to the infirmary healing all my wounds. "Maddie what did Magnus tell you?"Alec finally speaks up.

"He-he told me that Valentine is after me not just Clary. That he has been watching Jace and I for years but wants me specifically but nobody knows why."I say my eyes watering

"Alec he is going to kill me."I say looking straight into his eyes. He lets a booming laugh out and I stare at him in confusion. "If him or his filthy followers ever touch a strand of you hair I will kill them."He says in a sickly sweet voice. I smile and then pout at him giving him my best puppy dog face. "Maddie.....no my back hurts."He says taking a step back.

I look at him and fake hurt then look down and start to walk away knowing he hates when I'm upset. Just as I pass him he grab my waist and pulls me close. He then turns around and I jump on his back with a squeal as he walks to our rooms that are across from each other. He places me gently on my bed and kisses my forehead. "Get some rest its been a long day and we have to meet with Magnus later to get Clary's memories back."I nod but grab his hand when he begins to walk away. "Can you stay with me?"I ask not wanting him to leave.

"Of course."Is all he says as I move over to give him some space. We lay facing each other and he has his arm wrapped around me and I have my hand on his neck. I sigh happily and soon drift off to sleep.
·~·~·~·~·~··~·~·~·~
Alec's POV
I watch as her breathing evens out and she falls to sleep. I don't go to sleep I just watch her but i quickly fake sleep when I hear a knock on her door. "Mads we got to head to Magnus." Then I hear the door creak open."Madelaine?" She walks into the room and I hear her squeal slightly then i hear a photo being taken. That's when I decide to 'wake up' "Oh umm Alec get up and wake Madelaine were going to Magnus."is all she says then walks out.

"Madelaine wake up."I whisper brushing a piece of hair that fell on her face. Her eyes flutter open and she stands up. "Is it time to go?"She says rubbing her eyes. "Yeah we slept with our shoes and clothes on so were basically ready lets go."I say grabbing her hand and walking out the room going to the front of the institue knowing that's where everyone was waiting.As we were walking all I could think about was how perfect her hand felt in mine.

"You guys ready?" Jace asks both of us. "Yep let's go."I say still holding Maddie's hand. Jace looks at Madelaine concerned and places a hand on her face. "Are you ok going you just got healed."He says which Madelaine softly smiles at. "Jace I'm fine really. Now lets go before were late!" she says. I take a peak and see Clary looking at Jace and Madelaine with jealousy. I couldn't help it I laughed.I mean she is jealous of Madelaine and Jace. Did she really not know they were siblings.

Everyone looks at me confused. "Nothing."I say and we all start walking. "You going to tell me why you were laughing?"Madelaine says snuggling up to my side my hand moving to her waist. "Just that Clary was looking at you and Jace with jealousy." I say and she is biting her lip keeping herself from laughing.Gosh I want to bite that lip. What what?Where are these thoughts coming from?

I shake my head and later on we arrive to the pendemonium where Magnus said to meet him so he can teleport us to where he wants and little did i know this day was going to be messed up.