Concert Series-Article & Videos

A/N: Attached is an article from People Magazine by Jordan Runtagh dated: November 21, 2017.  (Mainly written so those in USA know of the impending appearance of Ron Howards film EDAW on TV)

This is the link address to the original article                   http://people.com/music/the-beatles-touring-history-eight-days-a-week-documentary/

I'm sharing here as it is an excellent snap shot of tours and concerts through the years to the Shea Concert. 

_____________________________________________________________

For those of us who weren't lucky enough to attend a concert in the 1960s, Ron Howard's Eight Days a Week just might be the next best thing. The 2016 documentary traces the band's rise from a cramped and dank cellar in Liverpool to record-breaking television appearances, jam-packed stadiums, and—ultimately—rock immortality. Lovingly assembled through rare and often unseen fan home movie footage, Howard's film also draws on more familiar material—restored to the highest echelons of HD— and new interviews with and . All told, it's a joyous and stunningly visual representation of their unbelievable journey, and an unparalleled look at a time when the four Fabs roamed the Earth and made themselves available to see, live and in person, for just a few dollars.

In honor of this Saturday, Nov. 25, at 8 p.m. (7 p.m. central) on PBS, here's a detailed look at the Beatles' touring career, told through eight of their concerts.

1. The Cavern, Liverpool (Aug. 22, 1962)

Though hardly the first gig at their unofficial home base on Liverpool's Mathew Street—it was actually their 218th session in the former fruit cellar—this set marks the group's first ever television appearance. A camera crew from Grenada Television, a Manchester-based regional network, captured the band plowing through two takes of Richie Barrett's latest R&B stomper, "Some Other Guy." Extra stage lights were needed to provide suitable illumination in the subterranean venue, adding to the already sweltering summer heat. "It was really hot and we were asked to dress up properly," George Harrison recalled in the Beatles Anthology documentary project. "We had shirts, and ties and little black pullovers. So we looked quite smart...It was big-time, a TV-company-coming-to-film-us excitement." John Lennon might have had another cause for his excitement—he was scheduled to marry his girlfriend Cynthia Powell the following day.

Ringo Starr had played his first official show as a Beatle just four nights before at Hulme Hall in Port Sunlight, but some fans were still up in arms over the abrupt dismissal of previous stickman Pete Best, whose shy charm and matinee idol good looks made him a particular favorite with the ladies. As the final notes give way to applause on the Grenada recording, a dissenting male voice cuts through the crowd: "We want Pete!"

Initially filmed for the Know the North program, the grainy footage was deemed substandard for broadcast and shelved until the following year—by which point everything the Beatles touched became a surefire ratings draw. While its cameraman, the future documentarian Leslie Woodhead, later described the lo-fi film as looking "like something smuggled out of Eastern Europe," its historical significance more than makes up for its questionable quality. The clip is the first moving image of the Beatles with synced sound, the first video with Starr, and the only film ever made of them performing at the Cavern.

2. The Palladium, London (Oct. 13, 1963)