Baby Your A Rich man & Doctor Robert Clips

https://vimeo.com/232920402?outro=1&ref=fb-share

Baby Your a Rich Man  vid  - Magical Mystery Tour AND Yellow Submarine Soundtrack May '67............Mick Jagger was present at the session, and one of the tape boxes noted his name alongside The Beatles', suggesting he also sang backing vocals during the later choruses. 

Contains Magical Mystery Tour footage and footage of the Greek Isles!

 In the summer of 1967 The Beatles, encouraged by John , agreed to buy a set of Greek islands where they intended to live and work alongside family and friends.  

The main island is often referred to as Leslo, although no island of that name appears to exist. It was apparently surrounded by four smaller islands upon which The Beatles were to have separate villas.  

 " We rented a boat and sailed it up and down the coast from Athens, looking at islands. Somebody had said we should invest some money, so we thought: 'Well, let's buy an island. We'll just go there and drop out.'

It was a great trip. John and I were on acid all the time, sitting on the front of the ship playing ukuleles. Greece was on the left; a big island on the right. The sun was shining and we sang 'Hare Krishna' for hours and hours. Eventually we landed on a little beach with a village, but as soon as we stepped off the boat it started pouring with rain. There were storms and lightning, and the only building on the island was a little fisherman's cottage - so we all piled in: ''Scuse us, squire. You don't mind if we come and shelter in your cottage, do you?'

The island was covered in big pebbles, but Alex [Magic Alec] said, 'It doesn't matter. We'll have the military come and lift them all off and carry them away.' But we got back on the boat and sailed away, and never thought about the island again.     "    

George, ANTHOLOGY

The Beatles were required to buy special export dollars before applying to the Greek government for permission to spend them

The Beatles were required to buy special export dollars before applying to the Greek government for permission to spend them. Alistair Taylor eventually got clearance for the purchase of the islands, but by that time the group had moved on. The £90,000-worth of dollars was sold back to the government, and the value had risen giving The Beatles £11,400 profit on the unrealised deal.

https://vimeo.com/232920621?outro=1&ref=fb-share

Doctor Robert vid  - Revolver recorded April '66

Contains great images of the band through some animation at the start and also creates a 3d feel in photos

John Lennon later described the song as autobiographical.

" Another of mine. Mainly about drugs and pills. It was about myself. I was the one that carried all the pills on tour. Well, in the early days. Later on the roadies did it. We just kept them in our pockets loose. In case of trouble."John 
All We Are Saying, David Sheff

About Dr Robert Freymann, who ran a discreet clinic on Manhattan's East 78th Street, NYC

Known as Dr Robert or the Great White Father, Freymann had a reputation for giving vitamin B-12 injections containing large doses of amphetamines, mainly to well-heeled New Yorkers.

Word spread of his willingness with prescriptions, eventually finding its way to Lennon and McCartney on one of their American trips. 

" John and I thought it was a funny idea: the fantasy doctor who would fix you up by giving you drugs, [the song] was a parody on that idea. It's just a piss-take. As far as I know, neither of us ever went to a doctor for those kinds of things. But there was a fashion for it and there still is. Change your blood and have a vitamin shot and you'll feel better. "Paul 
Many Years From Now, Barry Miles