Meet Chisom

CHAPTER 16.

"Hello, it's me"

"Haven't I told you never to call me. If you want to give me any information, come to me!" The voice replied angrily

"Yeah, I know but this is happening right now. The boy is stronger and he's asking too many questions. He might find out the truth. There needs to be a distraction."

"Already in progress"

****

As I reached the point of the scream, I saw a girl. She was really pretty, probably my age. She was cornered by a big dude. Sexual harrassment. This was my lucky day.
I was bout to join the party but as I saw, she had it under control.
She hit his neck violently, gave him a cockshot causing him to lean forward. Immediately, she pushed his head down to have impact with her already set knee and punched him to the ground. Now that was fun to watch. At this point I wished all girls knew karate. What bothered me was that she didn't run away. She was waiting for him to get up. Oh, he got up and pulled out a knife. Didn't think her lessons covered this because her face now showed fear.
I came out of my hiding spot.

"You don't wanna do that" I said.

He turned and looked at me and gradually started laughing.

"This geh break my nose. Na him you talk say ma'leave am"

"Dude, women have dignity, they suffer a lot and if you try to make life worse for them, anything you get is what you deserve" I said in the calmest voice I could summon. In reality, I just wanted to beat the hell outta the idiot but we had an audience. Politeness was necessary.

"Na because I never do person something Na why this play dey start" replied the dude and he went after the girl who started running now.

"People never listen" I said under my breath and pursued the dude. Slow MF, I caught up quickly, put my palm on his shoulder and immediately materialised a blade from my palm through his back grazing the top of his clavicle stopping him in his tracks, pulled it out and slit his right side and stabbed his thigh. He grunted and the girl stopped and turned. I didn't notice. I materialized two rods, struck both his legs putting him down. He turn and began to beg. I had already started. I materialised a blade, stabbed his other thigh, transformed it to a double serrated blade and pulled it out. The girl was in shock!

"STOP!!" she screamed. "He's down" I calmed myself. And she came to me. "Seems like someone pissed you off real good."

"You have no idea" I said dematerializing the blade behind me.

"Mine doesn't feel any better." She said, picking up her bag. "I'm running away from my abusive uncle." She flipped her hair and I saw a gleam in her eyes. For a moment, I couldn't remember why I was there. I looked into her eyes and saw a tender soul. The smell of her perfume filled the air. She waved at me.

"Hey! You OK? Looked like you'd seen a ghost."

"I know right?!"

"I said my name's Chisom. What's yours?"

"Trix."

"Huh?!"

"T. R. I. X." I spelt it out for her.

"OK... So, what brought you out this night?"

"Lost my mum so I'm trying to escape the people I live with."

"Foster care?"

"More like forced care."

"Well, I best be on my way. Would have loved to stay and Chat, especially as to why you're playing vigilante but the Lagos night bus will soon take off. Ciao" she smiled and walked away. She was gorgeous. I turned and went back to my victim. Materialised cuffs and hooked him in.

"Trix!" I turned to see Chisom.

"Thought you were leaving?"

"Yeah, I changed my mind" I smiled and moved towards her.

"TRIX!" The usual voice interrupted my fantasy(fanta sea... 😂😂).

"What are you doing here?" I turned to Ogbuefi.

"Com'on kid, we have to get going. The police will soon be here" he said in a loving voice. I has to stop running and BTW, I didn't have a place to crash.

"Am I gonna see you again?" I said turning to Chisom.

"Big treat, 4 O'Clock tomorrow." She answered with the loveliest smile I ever saw. I nodded and left with Ogbuefi.

#meether
#shefineaf