It's begun

CHAPTER 3.

Three months had past, don't ask me how, just know, it had past. I woke up to my daily routine and went to school. In school, Danny kept talking about his crush and how they got on during the holiday.

"Drix, I had an awesome holiday, I hung out with Dera a lot. We even kissed." He said with all excitement.
"You don't mean it." I said sarcastically.

He continued, "We were at spar, sitting at a table side by side, she stared into my eyes, I stared back and we slowly came closer, I stroked her hair to the right position and..."

"And what?" I interrupted.

"Broke her neck, in half, you fool... I kissed her" he said half disappointed.

"Oh!" I said, "that must have been something".
He kept going on about what they did together and this and that. Then, I started regretting why I even hooked them up. Not that I didn't like her but he kept talking about her at the wrong times.

Besides that, it was a long day at school in a new class, SS3, and all the teachers expected us to be lords of all the subjects. Chemistry class was a rush; organic chemistry. The rest were good. Walking and thinking, a black van pulled up and a man popped out from the double doors. I would've run but meh.

"Goodday Mr. Ogochukwu, I'm agent Ogbuefi, your handler." He said

"Handler?" I retorted, "...and I guess you're from the DUA thing?"

"Yeah. I am. Get in!" he responded without any emotion gesturing me to get in.

"You guys aren't gonna tranq or use that weird gas on me this time right?" I asked and nobody flinched. Then I knew they meant business (People without a sense of humour. Depressing).

In the vehicle, it was just me and some guys in kevlar and boots. The tension I felt was something else. Nobody talked. The journey was long. Of course I couldn't see outside the van but I wouldn't ask, for my own safety.

We finally stopped and the van was opened and I found myself at the hanger again. That was when I convinced myself that any aircraft in here was useless. Mr. Tolu walked up to me with a smile.

"I guess you're done thinking?" He asked, "cause you wouldn't be here if you weren't."

"I thought you gave me till the day after our encounter?"

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that."

As I heard those words, I looked at his face and looked around just to make sure I was in the right place. Why do you guys just love stalking my school times? The school year just started and a long holiday had passed and y'all didn't call me then?

We walked past guards and scientists, the usual. The place smelled real nice, like the smell of new clothes, new equipment and formaldehyde? I turned to my left to see an open translucent casket. Definitely contained alien materials.

"Why didn't you guys like tranq me or something?" I asked rather curious.

"So you'll know the way your new quarters"

"Sweet! So next time y'all kidnap me, I'll lie on a bed instead of a metal operating table"

"Oh, I forgot to say, after the experiment, you'll be here more often than anywhere else" he said while typing in a code and gesturing to me to place my hand on the scanner.

"What do you mean by experiments?" I said as the door opened. Seemed like he didn't hear me because I was kinda too shocked to speak loud enough.

In the room, there was a big bed, a side fridge, a laptop on a desk with pens, a sketch pad and a mug, a flower vase, everything was quite neat and cool though twas a small space.

"OK, let's get those experiments done" he said gesturing me to come out.
We went to a lab with white walls and a metal casket, some scientists, a reflective glass window -of course it was a one way window-

"What's going on?" I asked now scared.

"Remember those abilities?" Mr. Tolu said, "We know a way to activate it. Like I said, it's for the betterment of the world."

"Pfft, you didn't say that... Can I think about it?"

"Kid, you had more than enough time."
Some guns cocked. In fear, I went in and he stayed behind. I took off my clothes and stepped into the casket. It was elevated and I was strapped in. A nurse put a wooden pallet between my teeth. The casket slid close.

"Mr Ogochukwu, this is not the first time we're doing this so, be rest assured we know what we are doing." a voice said and I think I heard everyone leave the room. Water started rushing in. Oh sugar honey iced tea, electrocution.

"Start the machine."