Wrong choices

CHAPTER 12

"I had a perfectly good explanation... When I remember, I'll tell you"

"This is no play ground, you've not completed your training and you're not ready." Agent Ogbuefi said with much disappointment. "Just. stay. put." He said with frustration and left running towards the building.

I needed to get my head in the game. I materialised a shield and a rod and joined the last assault.

****

"They've breached the perimeter, should we engage?"

"Patience. The fun is in the chase."

****

As we got into the compound, the gates closed shut. My heart leapt inside my body. I was beginning to have doubts. There was a series of big explosions behind us. Our vehicles had been destroyed. My fall back plan had failed. I looked round and no one was afraid. It gave me the needed courage.

We advanced forward still with great caution. BOOM! Land mines exploded and we lost a few guys. We decided to split into teams and go round. My team went round back and we found an entrance. I followed closely behind.
Didn't want to die on my first mission. It was a hallway. The doors closed shut behind us. Whoever owned this place was watching us. Just then, guns popped out the sides of the hallway.

"ALERT!!" went one of them and they started making criss cross movements. The guns were also moving, looking for a steady target and it found one. Me. The dumb one that didn't follow instructions. It started firing rapidly and instinctively, I put up my shield and all the guns started firing at my shield. Some of the criss crossers were hit but not fatally. I threw the rod at one of the guns and smashed it off its attachments. It stopped shooting. And I advanced with my shield towards the other, breaking it from its attachments. Stopped that also. There was clapping and I felt awesome. These people do love a good show huh!

I heard gun shots up ahead and foolishly tried to play hero. Luckily, I was grabbed by one of the DUA agents and all my adrenaline flushed away.

"We have to be tactical, we don't know what's up ahead" he said in a whisper. I nodded in affirmation and joined the back. I heard clicking sounds and turned.

"ALERT!" But I was too late. It started firing. Got four guys in the head. I materialised a shield and the bullets somehow found their way to the shield. Another gun popped out and I materialised another shield. This was seriously wearing me out. I put both shields into one and materialised a rod. Threw it at the gun, yeah, I missed. I ain't Bullseye you know. I materialised another rod and threw it. This time, it hit the body of the gun and it spun in another direction. I charged at the other and broke it off. Phew! That was something. Another gun popped up behind me. Two men fell. I rushed with the shield and broke it off. Another gun popped up behind me. I threw one of the shields like cap would. It broke the gun before it could kill someone else. I turned back to see the last two men bleeding from spikes through their bodies. Apparently, the wall they were leaning on was rigged.

No. I had failed them. I fell on my knees. Guilt killed me. I was really not myself. I felt like fainting. Out of the blue, I heard my name. I stood up and ran down the hallway towards the voice. At the end of the hall way, I was met by a fork in the road... Six other hallways. I was on my own.

#Trix
#Thiscouldbe