Epilogue I

24th November, 1835
19.04. I was released from prison this morning, as it was uncovered that those who testified against me, in favour of Dalgliesh were all criminals and therefore untrustworthy. Apparently, they are also easily bribed and able to retract their statements.
19.43. Naturally, the first person I sought upon my release was Lillian and, as it transpired, she had a brand new surprise awaiting me on my return home. Her name is Amana. I do not refer to the native South American of our travels, who belongs to a jungle tribe. This Amana belongs to me.
Indeed, Karim also had a surprise for me. His surprise takes the name of his father.
I do not like surprises. However, these ones are exceptions.

26th November, 1835
04.37. This being rises at an ideal time. I have already informed Lillian that I expect more and she seems to acquiesce with this idea. Though she argues not right away. I am looking into larger abodes to house them in.
08.08. There is a lot of news regarding my young family in the papers today. Nonetheless, we carry on and Lillian rather enjoys rebuking those who give her dirty looks on account of her motherhood out of wedlock. What do they know?

28th June, 1838
11.46. Amana came with us to the orphanage this morning to meet Victor. They seemed to like one another and as such, we have brought him home with us today. It has taken myself and my Lillian long enough to admit defeat and this seems to have been the best way in which to do so. Lillian wishes to also adopt Victor's acquaintance, India. She is very sweet. J'approve.

14th July, 1850
18.43. Our children seem to have grown up at rather a rapid pace. Victor's marriage to Karim's youngest, May, this morning was enjoyable. The grey streak in my hair does not appear to be expanding. Amana informed me after the ceremony that she will not be marrying in the future, as she prefers girls. Lillian and I told her that we were pleased to hear this, as it means she may remain with us in our household. She had been tearful, but ceased as we agreed this. Her marriage would have been too expensive for me, anyway.

2nd September, 1874
04.41. Lillian is not well. She insists that she is and went riding yesterday, yet I fear that her lungs are worsening. Colonel Carter's friend the doctor visited with him yesterday and they are with her now.

29th October, 1874
11.23. Lillian and I have decided that we are to bring together our extended family and travel to Egypt. She wishes that her final sunset will be an exotic and beloved one. She longs for a final adventure and she will be with friends.

This got quite sentimental, but if anyone has a problem with that

I don't care.

Love you all lots and lots and perhaps there'll be other additions to this in the future. Let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see. For now, however, so long. Xx