Favorites

Waking up I was beside Eric, walking into the bathroom I looked down at my wrist seeing my new tattoo

Ill keep you wild.

Smiling I took my time in the shower and once I was dressed I looked at Eric sprawled out on the bed and laughed. Walking outside I started my run around the compound. Once I reached the chasm I stopped and stared at the edge. "Are you going to jump?" Someone asked from behind me.

Turning around I saw Tris. "Why does everyone ask me that? What are you doing up this early?" I questioned her.

"I wanted to get some training in before everyone else got in there." Tris confessed.

I smiled looking at her. "I admire your dedication. However, I am glad I caught you beforehand.. We are actually going to teach you how to throw knives today." I leaned closer whispering in her ear.

"Why are you telling me this?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Come with me Tris." I commanded walking into the training room. Seeing it empty I walked over to where we are going to toss knives. "Listen I am telling you this because I want to see you succeed. I'll be honest you were not the best fighter but your also not the worst." I walked to her leaning down and reaching into my boot pulling out a knife.

"I want you to throw it at the target right in front of you. I will show you once and you will take over." I instructed.

With a flick of my wrist, I hit the target perfectly on the marker in the head. "Go ahead and just give it a try, I will coach you based on how well you hit the target." I stepped back.

Nodding Tris stepped up and stared at the target before she copied my form and looked like me as she hit the mark getting her dagger stuck in the center of the chest.

"I am not going to lie to you Tris. That was pretty amazing. You remind me of myself when I was a transfer. Your desire to succeed, the way you took to Four." I started to say when Tris interrupted me.

Furrowing her eyebrows she looked confused. "The way I took to Four? What does that mean?" She questioned.

I sighed. "It's difficult to explain, when I was an initiate I met Four and we formed an unbreakable bond, we were Two peas in a pod. Best friends, Needless to say, Zeke who is like my brother was furious at how Four and I were. Zeke thought Four stole me from him. In reality, Four just has something about him that makes people trust him. Which is why he is the trainer that you favor." I explained.

Tris looked confused. "Do the leaders pick favorites too?"

With that question, I looked down. "We are not supposed to, however sometimes rules are broken." I said looking at her face.

"Who is your favorite?" She asked with a smile.

I laughed. "What makes you think I have one?" I crossed my arms.