"I've got some good news that I need to tell you both. Is Tom here? I need to tell him too." I begin, crossing one leg over the other.

"I'm here." I hear from behind me, and Tom stands next to Mrs Hudson, wrapping a loving arm around her.

"What is it?" Sherlock asks impatiently, not seemingly bothered at all by the fact that I said good news. I release a breath that I didn't realise that I was holding, and a large grin envelops my face.

"Mary wanted to say it herself, but she's off telling her own friends. She's pregnant." I finish with a large, happy grin on my face. I'm so happy that Mary and I are having a baby! This is all we ever wanted, and when we found out it was one of the best days of our lives. Tom and Mrs Hudson cheer in happiness, and Sherlock reacts like he usually does... not at all.

"Congratulations!" Tom says happily, patting my shoulder twice. "Send Mary my love." He adds and I nod my head, telling him that I would. I stand up and walk into Mrs Hudson's open arms. She's rubs my back lovingly.

"That's wonderful!" She places her arms on my shoulders. "Who knew that that strange teenager with anger issues would have a life like this huh?" She laughs and I laugh along with her. "We all thought you'd end up marrying Sherlock!" Mrs Hudson laughs and Tom joins in. Sherlock sits there unamused. I sigh annoyed.

"How many times Mrs Hudson? I'm not gay!" I say annoyed, but slightly playfully.

"Live and let live, that's our motto." Tom and Mrs Hudson say in unison with playful grins on their faces. They really have been spending too much time together! I frown, not enjoying the teasing at all. I turn around and I look to Sherlock, hoping he can save me from these two lunatics. I smile sadly when I see him staring off into space, a small frown on his lips.s

"Sherlock? You got nothing to say?" Mrs Hudson questions Sherlock, and he looks at the three of us confused. Did he listen to a word that was just said? Unbelievable! He looks at my expectant face and then realisation hits him.

"Oh! Good effort." Sherlock compliments? Tom let's out a snigger at the innuendo Sherlock didn't intend to say. I sigh aloud, knowing that it was the best I was going to get.

"My nephew can be a real plonker sometimes." Mrs Hudson mutters and I smile at her comment, knowing too well what she means. I've experienced his 'plonkerness' too many times in my life.

"I heard that." Sherlock mutters to himself, and we all roll our eyes in unison.

Despite Sherlocks attitude, it's been a rather good day. I told a few of my friends that my wife and I are pregnant, and we are so happy. I'm so glad that I have friends to live through the experience with me.

Although I wish Molly were here too.

I wish Molly was here for a lot of things. My graduation. My 18th birthday. The day Jim shot up the school - that was a day to remember. My wedding. And now this. I wish she knew that she wasn't alone in the world. I wish she had the same experiences that I did. I smile a small sad smile, knowing that those wishes will never be granted.

"Anyway, I should probably leave. I've got to catch Greg and Eddie at the station to tell them as well." I state, and Tom and Mrs Hudson nod their heads in understanding. I hug them both and I wish them a good morning, before I leave 221B and I head for Scotland Yard.

***

*Sherlocks POV *

I watch the sun set through my curtain. I haven't felt this empty in a long time. I miss Jim so much that it hurts. My chest feels like it's burning and aching every second of the day, and my mind feels so empty but so full at the same time. It's so quiet but it is also so noisy! I just wish this pain will stop. I just wish that Jim will finally return to me.