22

* John's POV *

[ 6 months later ]

I knock on the door to 221 Baker street - my old house. I've not seen Sherlock or Mrs Hudson in a while now, and I have some exciting news to tell them!

A few seconds later, the door is opened than none other than Mrs Hudson, a large grin plastered on her glowing face.

"John! Come on in. Sherlock is upstairs." She steps to the side, and I walk passed her, the sound of a sorrowful violin echoing throughout the building. I look at Sherlock's aunt questioningly, and she rolls her eyes dramatically. I giggle at her attitude. "He's been at it all morning." She adds frustratedly. I sigh, knowing that Sherlock is brooding, and I hate seeing him like this. He used to do it all the time when we were younger - he would get beat up and then he'd brood, so I'd go and beat up the person who beat him up in the first place to cheer him up. I don't think there's anyone for me to beat up this time around.

"What brings you here?" Mrs Hudson questions, and my eyes light up. A small smile graces my lips as I imagine their reactions to my news. Mrs Hudson seems to notice my small smile, and she looks at me suspiciously.

"I actually have some news to share with you and Sherlock." I state lightly, and Mrs Hudson hums suspiciously, trying to figure out what my news could possibly be. Christ she's a lot like Mycroft!

"Well how about you come up and tell us in Sherlock's appartment. Hopefully it'll get him to stop playing that God awful song." She says and I laugh at her comment. She always has been a witty woman, even when we were teenagers she'd made funny remarks about Mycroft or my outfits. I have to admit my outfits were atrocious! I nod in agreement at her suggestion, and I follow her up the creaking steps to 221B.

The door is wide open, and Mrs Hudson and I stop just outside the door, taking in the scene that is Sherlock's bombshell of an appartment. I look at Mrs Hudson with a confused expression.

"I'm his landlord, not his housekeeper!" She whispers and I nod in understanding. Sherlock really has let himself go! Papers litter the floor, filled with cases and clues. Dust floats around in the sun rays, and I can smell the stench from his experiments. Then I take a look at his appartment wall, and I sigh sadly. There hangs a map of the world, with pins and string sticking out of it. Pieces of paper surround it, with printed articles about Jim Moriarty and where he was seen last.

I look over at Mrs Hudson with a sad smile, and she returns it.

Sherlock's music echoes through his room, and I'm glad that he's gotten into playing it again. It's just, the song he seems to repeat over and over sounds so sorrowful and upsetting, and I instantly know that he misses Jim Moriarty. As fucked up as it is, he misses the hell out of him. I have no idea if Sherlock and Eddie went along with their plan to find him, but reports on Moriarty have become almost non existent, and that must be why Sherlock is so damn depressed.

Bless him, but for fuck sake get over it.

"Do you think this has anything to do with that Moriarty fellow?" Mrs Hudson whispers curiously, and I sigh aloud.

"I think it has everything to do with him." I reply in a whisper.

Mrs Hudson finally knocks on Sherlock's door, and his violin playing halts to a stop. He turns around with an annoyed expression on his face, but it softens when he sees me.

"John." He states, putting his violin down and sitting on his chair. I take that as an invitation to come in, so I sit in my old chair, Mrs Hudson standing beside me. "It's... good to see you." He says, and I laugh slightly at how welcoming he is.