Chapter 21: Confession Day

Start from the beginning

I looked over to my mother who had a small smile on her face. "Why were you with Victor?" I asked.

"He called me and demand that we met with him since it was urgent," she calmly replied.

Nothing knowing how to handle anything that has been said, I stayed quiet. I quickly pulled out my phone and text Kai that we were going to leave once it was dark. He replied with an okay and by that time, Ethan came down with both of our bad. Our father walked over to him and took the bags from Ethan's hands before walking towards the door.

"Mom," Ethan's voice came out a bit soft.

"Yes?" she answered.

Ethan's head dropped as if he was going to break down in tears. "Will we ever see each other again?" he asked.

She walked over to him and did the unspeakable. She pulled him in for a hug. "Of course we'll see each other again. You're only leaving until this is all over. When it's over, you can come back," she chirped as she cupped his face and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"There should be no crying today. Everything is going to be okay," my father's voice entered the room. He then walked towards Ethan and mom before hugging them.

"You're everything we could ever ask for," I could hear her whisper which honestly hurt a little.

Ethan looked at me with a frown as she said that but I just gave him a small smile. "Freya too," he added.

"Sure," she mumbled.

Ethan then pushed her away causing the hug to break. "You haven't changed one bit. You admit you've known about the powers she has and I have. You knew how much we struggle yet neglect us and now you 'try' to be nice but it's for your selfish gain," Ethan spoke angrily.

My mother glared at him, "Watch your tone and I do care about you," she insisted.

Ethan shook his head, "That may be true but it means nothing to me because you should also care for Freya. She's been more of a mother than you have and even clothed me for heaven sake. How could you just not acknowledge her. You expect everything to be okay now that you've told us the truth but it's far from okay. Freya's in danger and so am I. We're running not only from Victor but two other gangs, this town and now you guys. I honestly had high hope for you guys but I now see where your mortals stand," Ethan lectured both of them.

I stood there in shock. I've never seen Ethan this mad which was kind of frightening. He's always been the calm on and even when he was mad, he didn't really show it much.

"I'm still your mother. You have no right to talk to me like that!" she shouted causing Ethan to roll his eyes.

My father quickly stepped between both of them. "Cindy, just go in the living room," he addressed her by her first name. She narrowed her eyes at Ethan before looking at me and turning on her heels to walk out the room.

Dad then turned to look at Ethan and I with a sigh, "I know this doesn't mean much but I'm sorry about her behavior and everything I've put you through," his apology came out sincere.

"Why is she so hostile?" I asked and Ethan nodded indicating he had the same question.

He let out another sigh before rubbing the back of his head, "She's been struggling with her mental health. You and her use to lock horns a lot when you were a child. She became so frustrated and just gave up. I understand how bad that sounds and how it makes no sense but I never gave up on you. You have to forgive her for this. When Ethan was born, she figured he would be the same way so she treated him the same way she treated you. Once she saw he was different, she showed favoritism on him. I think it's just her way of loving you both equally. Ethan took some traits from you and that allowed her to feel as if she was loving you. Again, I know it doesn't make sense but you have to forgive her. She also became a bit depressed since her and I lost some of our power," he tried to explain.