Chapter Seven: Crazy Bum

[Chapter Seven]

~Fred~

After dinner, I found myself lying in my bed with the Marauder’s map.

Lucille was in the Ravenclaw common room by herself while all of her housemates were hurrying off to their dormitories.

In the bed next to mine, I could hear George snoring.

I rolled my eyes.

I didn’t understand it… I really liked Lucille, but it felt wrong. Probably due to the fact that she’s a first year. Even with that in mind, I was still very interested in her.

Why shouldn’t I be though?

Even for an eleven-year-old, she was very attractive.

Stop it, Fred!               

Shiny, dark, long hair.

No! Not again, Fred, quit it!

Pink lips – all full and perfect.

Shut up, Fred, shut up!

Pretty, grey eyes…

I tossed the map aside and groaned into my pillow.

Damn girls. Damn them and their girlish girliness.

Damn Lucille – her and all of her girly prettiness. Damn her for being so damned perfect.

I hate girls.

I’m never, ever getting married.

~Lucille~

At midnight I sat in one of the cushy loveseats in the common room, staring into the fire. In my lap, there sat a small book that I’d stolen from Aunt Dromeda years ago.

 I felt the other side of the loveseat sink and I glanced up to see Terry, not looking at me.

We sat there in silence for a long moment. I was aware that we were the only two in the common room, since everyone else had gone to bed.

“My mum… when I was barely a year old… she used the Cruciatus curse on Neville Longbottom’s parents,” I said softly. “She and my dad and my uncle. They got sent to Azkaban for it.”

I could feel Terry’s eyes on me.

“I hate it – I hate knowing I’m the daughter of sadistic Death Eaters,” I growled, and I could feel my rage growing. “I don’t want to be like them, but I’m their daughter.” The word was like vinegar to my mouth. “I-if Voldemort rises to power, I don’t know what will happen to me. Mother dearest wouldn’t be able to stand it if I stayed with my Aunt and Uncle. But I don’t want to be a Death Eater. I want to be a good person.”

“Lu, you are a good person,” Terry said, touching my shoulder gently. “Nothing can change that. I mean, sure, you have your moments, although none of them went without provocation. You’re good, Luce.”

I smiled shakily and hugged him.

“Thanks, Terry,” I said.

“You’re welcome,” he said. “And I’m sorry for earlier. I’ve just… er… been noticing how much time you spend with Fred and George… and I suppose I’ve been a bit jealous.”

“It’s alright Terry,” I told him. “We all get jealous. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Unless you go on a killing streak because you’re so darned envious.”

Terry snorted with laughter.

“Only you would think of that, Lu,” he said.

~x~