"You play volleyball?" He seemed shocked.

"Um...yes." I said as Cayla nodded at me with wide eyes.

"Don't think you're getting a freebie. Believe it or not, I was instructed to check on the new volleyball coach. If you're not there, serious consequences will be inflicted. Do you understand?" He burned holes into me.

"Yes." I slid far down into my desk and stared up at the ceiling.

                                      •

I walked into my 9th period English class to see a blonde woman standing there, not Mr.Mallon. She was stunning.

"Hey guys, my name is Ms. Fletcher and i'll be your substitute for today. If you've heard the rumors- Mr. Mallon retired this weekend and the school is trying to find a replacement teacher."
                                          •
The 9th period bell rang and my heart was beating faster than it ever has. I felt my phone buzz and I had a text from Cayla.

Meet me in the blue gym and i'll give you spandex and a t shirt.

Okay thanks.

I quickly typed in and began to walk to the blue gym. It sounds fancy but it's literally just a blue gym. I saw Cayla waiting right outside of the gym and we began to walk together to the locker rooms.

"Are you ready for this?" She asked.

"Nope." I chuckled.

"You're lucky. Since there's a new coach, everyone has to try out for the team again instead of just the new players."

"And that makes me lucky because...?" I giggled.

We reached the locker rooms.
"Just shut up and let's go." She smiled, showing off her pearly whites. I always tell Cayla she should model. She has a great body and she's 5'8. She always just laughs it off but I wish I was 5'8. I'm barely 5'4 and 110 pounds. I look like a pencil. Boys have never really liked me. Probably because of the way I look. I wish I could put myself out there more- but i'm too shy. Cayla can have a long conversation with anyone about anything. I definitely can not do that.

Next thing I knew she was tossing me a pair of black Nike spandex and a slightly fitted bright blue Under Armour T-Shirt. "Do you need shoes?" she asked, pointing at my white high top converse.

"I have some running shoes in my locker. I'll go get them." As I turned the corner I bumped right into a hard chest. I looked up to see a man with curly brown hair and green eyes. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I-I.." I stammered. I realized that my hands were lying on his stomach and I quickly pulled them off.

"Volleyball tryouts begin in 5. Hurry up." He turned and starkly walked out of the locker room. I spun around and looked at Cayla with wide eyes. She returned the same expression.

I started sweating. "THAT'S THE NEW VOLLEYBALL COACH?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm gonna cry." I curled up in a ball and started rocking back and forth.

Cayla was hysterically laughing at me. "I doubt you want to face his wrath. Go change."

                                        •

Cayla showed me some basic stretches as we were waited for the unnamed coach to arrive. I had tied up my hair and put in a white headband to prevent my flyaways from sticking out everywhere. Suddenly the gym doors slammed open and in walked the man. A few whispers echoed throughout the room.

"Please take a seat." I looked at Cayla as we sat on the floor.

"My name is Coach Harry Styles, and I will be your volleyball coach from now on. You may refer to me as coach." He quickly counted the girls in the room. "There are seventeen of you here. I will have no more than twelve girls on my team." He began to pace back and forth. It was so hard to focus on what he was saying, he was so attractive. I could see that many of the other girls were having the same issue.

"If you make the team practices will be everyday from 6AM to 8AM. On weekends they will be 8AM to 11AM. I can drive up to four girls if necessary and if you live in high town. I assume you are all warmed up?" A few girls nodded their heads.

"If you would would like to try out for one of the three captain positions please raise your hand" he continued. "When I point to you call out your name."

He pointed to the first girl, she was a sophomore. "Alexandra" she replied. "Claire" "Cayla" "Miranda"

"Is that it?" He asked, skimming us with his eyes. He stopped when he got to me. He smirked.

"What's your name?" He asked, crossing his arms.

I gulped. "A-Aspen Rivers."

He furrowed his brow. "Aspen Rivers or A-Aspen Rivers?"

I turned bright red. "Aspen Rivers, Sir."

"Are you new to volleyball?" He squinted his eyes.

"Yes." I replied, nodding my head.

He wrote something on his notepad. "Rivers, I want to see what you got. You have a three out of five chance of getting captain. Will the newbie get it?"

I could feel my cheeks burning up as I looked at the floor.

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you all like this chapter. Leave suggestions in the comments. This is my first story, so sorry if it's not great.
-Chloe