Chapter. T H I R T Y F I V E

Start from the beginning

..........

Jill Malik P.O.V

Flynn and I were busy helping the caterers to put everything in place when the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Flynn said and walked out of the kitchen to open the door. I continued doing my work when I suddenly heard. "Pudding, tía is here!"

My eyes widened and I ran out of the kitchen. Aunt Lydia and Milan were standing in the foyer with a huge smile on their faces. "Tía, Milan!" I hugged Aunt Lydia firmly and then squatted down to Milan to place kisses all over his face. "How was the flight?" I was so happy they finally arrived. I had been waiting and thinking about them all day.

"The flight was pleasant. No problems at all." she said smiling and then looked at Flynn. "Your private jet is amazing. I'm so happy you take good care of Jill."

"Actually," Flynn said, chuckling nervously. I can't believe he's nervous around my aunt. "She's the one that takes care of me." He placed his hand possessively around my waist and looked down at Milan who was staring at the huge christmas tree in the living room. "Did you brought a girlfriend with you to kiss under the mistletoe later, bud?"

I elbowed him and he groaned in pain. How can he say that to a six year old boy? "God pudding, no need to be so violent."

I turned my attention back to Aunt Lydia. "Let's go to the kitchen. I was helping the caterers to put everything ready for dinner." I then looked at Flynn who was still in pain and smiled sweetly at him. "Darling, can you entertain Milan while me and tía are doing the final touches for dinner."

Flynn nodded and took Milan's hand to bring him to the living room. Aunt Lydia and I then walked to the kitchen and that's when I noticed she was limping instead of walking. There was also a bandage on her foot.

"Tía, what happened to your foot?" I asked, worried. When I called her she didn't mention getting injured.

"Oh don't worry about that." she chuckled. "I just stepped on lego."

I facepalmed myself. I knew all those boxes of lego wasn't a good idea.

..........

Later on the night Flynn's parents arrived, Luca and Reina, and at last Ximena and Rodrigo. Lately Ximena and Rodrigo had spent an awful amount of time together. They even went on a vacation to Bali, Indonesia in November. I wonder if they are in a relationship, but they both have denied it. "We are just friends!" they always said in unison.

When everyone arrived we started dinner. There was a lot of food. There was chicken drumsticks and vegetables in mustard tarragon sauce, garlic and herb roasted turkey, macaroni and cheese, roasted sweet potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, cheesecake, roasted garlic bread, and bacon potatoes.

The food was delicious and I might consider to hire this catering service the next time when we are having a party. During dinner we talked about a lot of stuff. Ximena and Rodrigo talked about their holiday weekend in Bali. If one would not know, they would think they were a couple. Rodrigo seemed so caring for Ximena and I'm pretty sure Ximena is the one who's friendzoning him. I probably should talk to her about her feelings towards Rodrigo. I know that now she has trust issues, because of that jerk Blake but I think she need to give Rodrigo a chance.

Then Milan entertained us with his story about this girl he liked at school and how she was mad at him, because he didn't wanted to share his cupcake with her. "But mommy," he said sweetly and looked at me with cheesecake on his tiny nose. "It was my last cupcake and now she's mad at me."

I chuckled and wiped the cheesecake off his nose. "Don't worry, when you go back to school, she will not be mad at you anymore." My little boy is growing so fast, he's already getting infatuated. It will only take a couple of years before he will fall in love and will introduce me to his girlfriend. I just hope he will not turn into a heartbreaker.