"Daddy, you should get this red one. Momma really likes that one. She gets it all the time."Aaliyah suggested.

Amaru picked up the bottle and put it in the basket. Before going to pay he made that he had everything he needed.

He paid for his items and hurried home so that he could get started.

"Ok, I need one of y'all to make sure that your momma does not come in the kitchen."Amaru demanded as they got all of the bags out of the car.

"I can do it. I'll go talk to her and she won't get up."Junior replied. "Ima tell her about that lady at the store."

"Y'all some messy ass kids. Where do y'all get from?"Amaru laughed. "You tell her that shit we gone be banned from the damn store. Your momma gone go up there and raise hell."

"Do you think she'd really do that?"Aaliyah laughed and Amaru shot her one of those are-you-fucking-serious looks.

"When Amari was in pre-k your momma almost beat up her teacher. I had to start picking her up from school."Amaru shook his head thinking about crazy she used to be back in those days. "Damita is a hell raiser. She's calmed down a lot though."

"You know what? Now that I think about, she kinda is."Junior laughed thinking about the things he could remember.

They started to take all the things they needed to cook and Aaliyah went to check on Damita. Surprisingly, she was still asleep.

"Daddy, she's still sleeping."Aaliyah walked back into the kitchen.

"Well good, we don't have to worry about her coming in here."he replied grabbing a pot and filling it with water.

"Aaliyah you wash the shrimp and peel them. Junior you cut up the the chicken."He instructed and they did as he said.

He then poured the Alfredo noodles into the boiling water. He made his sauce and combined it with all the ingredients he asked his children to prep.

Aaliyah put some breadsticks in the oven while Amaru finished off the pasta.

Lastly, Amaru added some cheese, made a salad and he was done. He grabbed a wine glass out of the cabinet and filled it, sitting it on the table.

"Junior, go wake your momma up."He instructed and he left the kitchen.

"Daddy, I think you and Mommy should eat alone. We can eat in the living room. I want you guys to be all romantic and stuff."Aaliyah laughed. "She has some candles upstairs. You want me to get them?"

"Yeah, you can get them."He replied. Aaliyah ran upstairs to get the candles and Amaru lit them then sat them on the table. He then made both their plates and waited for her to come down.

Amaru and Aaliyah made their plates and vacated to the living room.

"Ooh it smells good in here."Damita smiled as she walked into the kitchen. Amaru got up and pulled out her chair.

"Aww you cooked dinner for me."She gushed, sitting down in her chair. She moved her chair closer to his

"I knew you'd be hungry. Plus I wanted to be sweet."He smiled.

"Thank you Daddy."She smiled and kissed his cheek. Amaru was anxious for her to start eating so he picked up her fork and fed it to her.

"Uhuh. You ain't never cooked this good. Where you get this from?"Damita joked, taking another bite of her food.

"I watched some videos."Amaru laughed. He wasn't really a cooking man. He'd help Damita our sometimes but she'd only ask to do simple stuff.

"It's really good baby. Thank you."She smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

They both finished their food and Damita sat in Amaru's lap. "Did I sleep for a long time?"

"Hell Yeah. We went to sleep around 2:00 the sun done went down and everything."Amaru laughed and shook his head.

"I guess I was really tired."She laughed. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You were comfortable and you looked so cute. I didn't want to disturb you."He replied, wrapping his arms around her. "Did you sleep good?"

She buried her face in her neck. "I did. Now Ima be up all night."

"That's okay. I'll be up with you."Amaru laughed.

"I know you are. I was going to make sure of it."Damita chuckled.

"Oh yeah? How you was gone do that."Amaru laughed

"You know how."She replied with a smirk.

"Baby, Liyah is gonna have an attitude just like yours."Amaru laughed. "You should have seen her in the store earlier."

"What happened?"Damita asked.

"This lady was talking to me and she got so snappy. I promise it was like a little Damita clone next to me."He laughed.

"And what the hell was she talking to you for?"Damita raised an eyebrow.

"See there it is right there."Amaru continued laughing and Damita rolled her eyes. "Don't get beat up, lesane."

"Girl, you know better.  Don't get too hype."Amaru laughed and Damita pinched him. He got up from the chair and picked her up. "I'll drop your ass right here. Say I won't."

"I know you will and Ima get up and beat your ass." Damita laughed. "Put me down, shit."

"Ima make your ass throw up all this food you ate."

"Ok. I'll make sure I do it on you. So go ahead."Damita shrugged and he put her down.

Aaliyah walked into the kitchen and shook her head at whatever they were doing and rinse off her plate. "Do you guys want to watch a movie?"Aaliyah asked and they both agreed.

The two of them cleaned the kitchen then went to watch a movie with their children. Amaru sat down on the couch and Damita laid across his lap.

"What movie are we watching?"Damita asked.

"This scary movie that I found. My friend said it's really good."Aaliyah replied. Damita usually didn't like scary movies but she was going to be a team player. She didn't want to be difficult and ruin family night.

They all got comfortable and watched the movie. Damita's reactions were more entertaining than the movie.