Chapter 5

Three days passed since the incident. Clay came to the hospital each day to bring school work and to talk. I was released from the hospital today and able to go to school again. Dolores didn't come see but she called and sent me flowers.

Aunt Dahleen is taking me to school from the hospital. She keeps nervously looking at me.

"Blossom are you sure you're fine to go to school today?"

"Don't worry I'll be ok also I'm going to floras after school to work." I told her.

    " Wait you're working today Blossom you just got out of the hospital.!" Aunt Dahleen almost shouted.

     " I'll be fine besides working with flowers calms me. I think working today will help settle my nerves."

     Aunt Dahleen clenched her hand on the steering wheel and sighed. "Ok but if it's too much call me."

"I will. Don't worry." I said as she pulled in front of the school. Before I could get out she grabbed my arm.

        "Blossom I know that you accepted Clay as your new friend but still be cautious around him and others.You never know who's going to hurt you." Aunt Dahleen told me. I nodded my head and she hesitantly let go. I got out of the car and walked into the building of stares and whispers.

      I walked to my locker looking for Dolores but she was nowhere to be seen. I grabbed my books that I needed and walked into history class. Mrs. Sweet smiled when she saw me.

    "Blossom so glad to see you're alright! Don't worry I assigned Brone and Raimo to help you make up the work you missed." Mrs. Sweet told me as I walked to my seat. I looked to see Raimo giving me a slight glare.

     "Listen Amor, Afton has your work don't come to me for help." He told me. " Also you have no idea what's going on do you?" He said more quietly looking around.

    "What do you mean?" I asked confused. Before he could answer Brone walked into the classroom.

    " Don't talk to me again Amor." Raimo said refusing to look me in the eye. Brone walked to me and gave me a stack of papers.

"Here Amor, your work from all your classes." Brone said as he sat down.

"Thanks Brone." I said smiling.

     He looked at me and scoffed. " I had to do it...Also make sure you go through the whole stack and look carefully there's very important papers in there." He said while he whispered the last part.

    Confused I looked at the stack of papers. They looked normal to me. Suddenly the bell rung and Dolores ran in.

     " Ok since Ms. Raven Has graced us with her presence I'll guess we'll have to get started now." Mrs. Sweet said.

    I turn my thoughts to the stack of papers what did he mean by important paper's. I'll have to wait and see after class.

                                                                                                  ...

After class Dolores ran out the classroom door. I followed her through the crowded hallways.

        "Dolores wait up!" I shouted. Either she didn't hear me or she wasn't listening. Dolores wouldn't ignore me so she probably didn't hear me. Giving up I headed to my study hall in the lunchroom. I arrived to see Mr.Brown taking attendance I hurriedly sat down in a secluded corner from others.

         I pulled out the notes Brone gave me and started going through them. They seemed normal to me I continued and continued to look through the pile.Then it hit me I quickly organized the papers by chronological order. I noticed it in every second word in the title the font of the last letter was different or a different letter than what was supposed to be there. I wrote the letters on a separate sheet of paper and created the answer.

M

Y

H

O

U

S

E

A

T

S

I

X

So many thoughts were on my mind.

Why did Brone ask me this in secret? Why his house? What's going on? Why is everyone acting strange?