The Miraculous Comet // Act I

In which a young maiden, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, is caught up in a mess that eventually ties her to Adrien Agreste.

Note that there are many aspects of this story that will differ from both Miraculous and the Great Comet for the sake of the plot making sense.

I. THE PROLOGUE
"Chandeliers and caviar, the war can't touch us here!"

Nino isn't here.

Due to a war in the west, my dearest friend, Nino Lahiffe has been drafted and is fighting. God knows why we have been involved in their messes, it gets quite infuriating as man after man needs to be plucked from Paris, France to be involved in a fight all the way up North, but that is life. 

To him, the most important person left behind was his beloved, and betrothed, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a fine child indeed. She's a young woman, at only nineteen, who has returned here from Mirepoix to visit the family. She misses him dearly, but he is to return in just a few days. I have always envied the bond between Marinette and Nino.

Her closest friend and room mate is Alya Césaire, who moved with Marinette's mother as she went on her leave to another part of France for the year. She is only a year older. Marinette's mother, Sabine Cheng; what a kind lady. Although she is rough and stubborn, she had always been such a kind advisor to the two girls, and loves them dearly.

My wife, Juleka, is still a mystery to me. She comes off as timid, but she is alluring and holds many scandalous secrets. Her whereabouts when she away from the house are still unknown to me, but I am not willing to start an argument. Of course, the marriage was a business arrangement that neither of us necessarily agreed to, but we can cope. It only gives me an excuse to stay away from my ex-wife, Chloe Bourgeois, who is unexpectedly attempting to get close to my wife and family only for my hand again. My family is considered one of the richest, so it is not uncommon to have many maidens around to swoon.

The Couffaines and I are in generally good terms, and they are considered to be close family friends to my household. My brother in law, Luka, is one of my closest friends, behind Nino. He is quite the rebellious child, and still looks at other women when he is married. His partner in crime is considered to be the one and only Nathanael Kurtzberg. He is reserved, as Juleka is, but can be wild at some times. Oh, the child has so much potential as an artist, but never plans to pursue it. What a shame.

Chloe has been trying everything to become the only lady of my household, and this is why I am not necessarily in good terms with her. I have always been a close friend of the Dupain-Chengs, they have never wronged any of us. Rumors have been going around Paris that she works alongside a transporter, Le Papillion, whose goal is to raise the amounts of heists around Paris. His motives are unknown, but I try my best not to associate myself with any of them.

Ever since my father disappeared all those years ago, I have been under the Bourgeois' control, Chloe trying to get close to me as she stays at home with her father in their luxurious mansion.

In other words, Papillion is just for heists, Chloe is crazy, Nathanael is fierce, Juleka is a minx, Luka is hot, Sabine is old school, Alya is good, Marinette is young, and Nino isn't here.

My household is quite chaotic, if I may add. I am supposed to live on my father's name, but Chloe is convinced that I am meant to be a Bourgeois. This is where I come in.