Chapter 24 (it's not over yet)

CHAPTER 24

It was a week after Louis's death and Zayn, Niall and I were sitting outside at his funeral..

Everyone was crying, his mum was there and his sisters, along with Harry's mum and Gemma. A few other friends and family members were here too. I felt like they all secretly hated me, for letting this happen..but I guess that's how Louis must've felt...a long hour passed and finally we were allowed to pay our respects before they buried the coffin. I went last..I just stood there staring at the body..I don't know how I worked up the courage to come to funeral and now I'm standing here looking at Louis..well his body anyway..I slowly bent over and placed a kiss on his forehead "I-I'll always love you Louis...I'll never forget you..I'm so sorry" I whispered tears welled up in my eyes, normally I'd wipe them away I wouldn't want people seeing me cry. But this time I didn't care..he is, was, will always be my best friend..nothing can change that. Three men came over asking if I was finished I nodded and backed away so they could close the coffin and bury it. Niall came racing over yelling at them to stop, I don't what his problem was but he didn't want them to "take Louis away" was what he kept saying.."don't take him" Zayn and I had to practically pry his fingers from the coffin and drag him away. He gave up fighting with us and pulled us into a group hug..all three of us cried silently, "I'm sorry guys.." I sighed after pulling away from the hug. "It's my fault he's gone.." I said, staring off into the woods surrounding the graveyard. "Don't you start...." Zayn said biting his lip and sighing. Niall didn't say much he looked so empty I've never seen him act this way before..but I guess that'll just about do it, losing two of your closest friends in the same year.."let's go guys.." I sighed turning to leave I glanced at the gravestone, they had buried the coffin by now..it was beginning to rain so we all headed to our cars. Niall, Zayn and I were going back to Louis's flat..I know we should probably clean it out so someone else can rent it but it held too many memories..I couldn't bring myself to do it..handing it over to some stranger who would end up calling it home. That's not going to happen because that's Louis's home, our home...I might just rent the flat out myself...we got into Zayn's car and drove down the road. I had my arm around Niall (we were in the back seat) as he cried on my shoulder. This would have to be in fact the worst day of my entire life...and it's all because of me..

It's not over I'm still writing more :3