Chapter Sixteen: A Bad Dream

Todoroki //

I'm asleep in Izuku's embrace before I realize it.

I run home the next morning, my feet consistently losing their balance from the franticness of my steps. My father will be furious, I know.

Will the adventure of yesterday be worth the incoming torture? Maybe. The intoxicating feeling of Izuku's lips on my skin might be enough to melt into so I can distract myself form the pain.

I climb up the clean staircase that leads up to the main entrance to the castle, hoping, praying that Yaomomo was able to distract him and the castle staff from my absence. If she is revealed for helping me complete a task that is forbidden, what will happen to her? I can't let anything happen, even if covering for her means more wrath for me.

It's painful to think that if I get caught, I'll never see Izuku again. I can't have his comfort anymore.

When I pull the large grand door open, he's there. His bloodshot eyes twitch uncomfortably, under his un-brushed, fiery hair. His eyes are filled with rage, accompanied by his corruptive and perpetual grin. His voice booms throughout the room with a brazen, yet intimidating voice; yelling without flinch. I don't see Yaomomo, which I'm thankful for, but I can feel the sweat drench my skin, the throbbing of my own eyes, the ringing screams vibrating in my ears, and the thumping of my heart against my chest. My fingers are curled into a fist, nails digging into my palm. I can't hear my rapid breathing, but I can feel the oxygen flooding in and out of my lungs. Hesitantly, my eyes look at the disgusting man looming in front of me. Fear tortures my guts, churning my stomach in tense cramps. Fear engulfs my conscience, knocking all other thoughts aside. Fear overwhelms my body, making it drastically exhausted. However, most of all, the fear is making me calm and that is what scares me the most.

"You thought you could hide this from me forever, didn't you?" He spits. I don't say anything back to him. "You thought you could keep your little secret of leaving the castle walls each day away, but you're just a naïve little runt. You're not capable of such secrets."

He leans into me, his gross breath filling my nostrils and making me gag. The only scent I truly love is Izuku's, and this man in front of me is not Izuku, far from him.

I can't move away as he pushes my cheeks together forcefully, keeping my face firmly within his grasp. An expression of deep anger grew on his face, no trace of hesitation, not in his eyes or in track marks on his reddening face. His eyes were narrowed, rigid, cold, hard. In that moment I knew he was already far away. Once more I was the enemy.

"I warned you about the consequences if you pulled another stunt like this. And now I see that you've really crossed the line. You've been lying, sneaking around, and hiding. I won't stand for it anymore. You're going to abide by stricter rules now, even if I have to beat it into you. And I'm sure already knew that was going to happen."

With that harsh threat, he throws my stiff body onto the velvet carpet forcefully, and I feel my arms burn.

As my father intimidatingly prowls towards me, my heart shifts. There is a void there so black no light can penetrate. It is a wound that can never heal no matter how much salve is poured on. I'll always hate this man.

Fastening that thought into my brain, my father pulls his leg backwards, winding it up in order to deliver as much pain to me as possible, and swung forwards. I saw it coming, but it caught me off guard. I felt a firm foot contact my muscles, feeling it smash my entrails together like a rogue freight train. I felt blood vessels burst and my diaphragm collapse under the force the kick packed behind it.