12:08

Three months and I'm still here. Still home. Still, dare I say it, happy. The look of apprehension and worry has faded from my husband's face. My daughter has stopped asking her father to hold on to me while we sleep to make sure I don't leave in the middle of the night.

Jay and I have become intimate again. It's become such a hardship for us to keep our hands off of each other these days to the embarrassment of our little girl.

"Ewww Nanay stop kissing na Tatay on the lips."

We stop mid-kiss and turn around to watch our daughter clamber up our breakfast nook. Jay shakes his head, chuckling.

"Tatay loves Nanay very much that's why we're always kissing, Lilykins. Diba Tatay?"

"Ten times around the moon and back."

My heart soars as I hastily knuckle away a few tears.

We start preparing breakfast. I quickly put together the ingredients for Lily's favorite pancake and bananas while Jay prepares the bacon and french toast.

I look at the clock and mentally calculate the hours until Jay leaves to check on some urgent work stuff and the number of hours until he comes back home.

Roughly 5 hours. Just enough to put my plan in action. It's a little too close for comfort but if all goes well, our problems, everything that's keeping us from being truly happy, would finally be taken care of.

"Love, you're overmixing your pancake batter."

I snap out of my reverie to catch my husband's bemused gaze seconds before he gives me a light buss on the cheek.

"Tatay, Nanay... kiss later! Food first! I am gutom already."

We look over to our pouting daughter, her brows knit together as she taps her foot on the leather seat cushions.

"We're almost done, baby. Sit down ka baka mahulog ka."

I quickly heat the pancake griddle to start cranking out my daughter's breakfast order.

Everything is going smoothly when Lily suddenly pipes up.

"Tatay, can we make sama to you mamaya? Nanay, can we make sama to Tatay?"

Jay looks at me, the same question in his eyes. I smile at him and nod.

My plans can wait. If Lily wants us to tag along with her father then that's what we'll do.

*•*•*

Author's note: Next update is on Friday, 2:30-ish. Nakatulog ako kanina eh. Sorry. Also this is unbeta'd. Any typos or glaring grammatical errors will be corrected some time in the future. ✌🏻😅