CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN✧ TWO HEARTS ✧

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
✧ TWO HEARTS ✧

" tell me, is something wrong?
if something's wrong, you can count on me
you know I'll take my heart clean apart
if it helps yours beat. "

— two. sleeping at last. —

━━━━━━✧━━━━━━

warning!
this chapter contains mature language intended for ages 16 and above. proceed with caution and vigilance. i will reiterate my disclaimer: 
What Brooklyn Natalie thinks, says, and does are all influenced by her personality, her priorities, her lifestyle, and the current situation around her. That being said, Brooklyn's beliefs, opinions, stand, and actions aren't perfect.

━━━━━━✧━━━━━━

"LOOKS LIKE I FINALLY CAUGHT YOU," Regina smirked at the archer, who was held down by her guards. Her hood was down, and her face was in clear view for the queen.

"Technically, I surrendered, so it's not really counted as catching me," The brunette pointed out. "But please elaborate, Your Majesty. What did I do this time?"

"Let's cut the small talk," Regina stated, stalking towards her. "You know very well what you do in my kingdom, and who you're helping,"

"Yeah, I walk around your kingdom, talk to people in your kingdom, eat in your kingdom, breathe in your kingdom—,"

"ENOUGH!" Regina bellowed, interrupting the girl's petty enumeration. "Haven't you learned from the first time we met? My magic may not work on you, but you're unarmed and I doubled my army,"

"No, I have," The archer answered. "I don't think you have. Do you think I'd just tell you who I am?"

Regina simply stared at her as she continued talking, "It's a wild goose chase, Your Majesty. I give you my name and you know what I look like, but everyone else just knows my name. It's honestly amusing to watch because a lot of people don't even believe I'm real.

"As for your army...?" The archer paused. Everyone in the room waited for her to finish her thought, which built an expectant tension in the room, and she used that to take her hit.

She threw her arms back violently, elbowing the two knights that held her. In their pain, she quickly grabbed both of their swords and stabbed them both through the chest.

Brooklyn's eyes shot open as she forced herself awake.

She had to remind herself that she was not in her apartment, so she could not afford a violent reaction to her nightmares.