CHAPTER 05

CHAPTER FIVE✧ SILENT WHISPERS ✧

CHAPTER FIVE
SILENT WHISPERS

" i woke up from the same dream
falling backwards, falling backwards
till it turned me inside out "

eight. sleeping at last.

━━━━━━✧━━━━━━

BREATHE IN. BREATHE OUT... Now keep your grip firm.

Even then as she easily released her arrow dead center, her father's voice still guided her with every shot.

The makeshift target across Brooklyn Jones was three etched rings on a tree, now speckled with arrows all around it and the most recent one at the center. Another thing her father taught her— she need not hit dead center every time as long as her arrow landed where she wanted it to.

This time, Brooklyn tried another trick, notching an arrow on her bow. She narrowed her eyes, aiming dead center once again, and...

In a swift motion, the arrow landed with a crackle instead of its thud.

"YES!" The archer exclaimed, throwing her hands up victoriously. Her arrow had split the previous one.

In the midst of her mini-celebration, the brunette heard a familiar voice comment, "Never gets old,"

She turned around to see a green-eyed lad leaning against a tree with arms crossed and a wide grin on his face. She merely furrowed her brows and responded, "Really? You watch the Lost Boys train every day; I ought to think that's tiring,"

"The boys can hit their target once in a while," The boy told her, uncrossing his arms and approaching her. As he got closer, Brooklyn noticed his emerald eyes, but she could not pinpoint what made them so familiar. It was either that, or they were just mesmerizing altogether.

"You do know their target doesn't always mean the center, right?" Brooklyn pointed out.

"Yeah, but they're not as consistent as you are," The boy smirked.

The archer smiled in amusement and asked, "Was that a compliment?"

"What? Never heard one before?" The boy asked.

Brooklyn chuckled lightly and shook her head, taking a knife from her belt. She tossed it upward, catching it as it spun, while she asked the boy, "What did you really come here for? Because I don't remember you being capable of flirting,"

She threw the knife at the target, and it landed right beside the split arrow at the center. The boy's eyes widened with an amused smile dancing on his lips, fully impressed at her precision.