CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN✧ HEART OF DARKNESS ✧

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
✧ HEART OF DARKNESS ✧

" all the information in formation is key
to draw a distinction
between waking life and our dreams 
"

mind. sleeping at last.

━━━━✧━━━━

"RED, LOOK OUT!" JAMES YELLED.

The Legend looked up. A flaming arrow was heading for their campsite, and the archer quickly caught it before it could hit Red. The woman was wide-eyed, both at the archer and the flaming arrow, as Brooklyn tossed the arrow into the snow.

"We need to move," The prince said quickly. "They found us,"

The Legend followed his gaze to the woods, and as expected, a group of knights was not far off.

James made a beeline for his horse, but the archer shot a few warning arrows at the army. She called them warning shots, but the yelps indicated at least one arrow hit their mark.

"Both of you go!" Red told the pair. "I'll take care of them,"

"We're not leaving you," James objected.

"Find Snow!" Red urged as Brooklyn mounted her horse. "That's all that matters. Find her!"

"What are you going to do?" James asked.

Red and Brooklyn both looked up to see a full moon, and the two exchanged glances. Brooklyn gave the woman a nod and galloped away, understanding Red's plan.

"I'm giving you a head start,"

James watched as the brunette took her red hood off and her eyes glowed yellow. The prince then understood, whipping his horse's reigns to catch up with Brooklyn just as he heard a howl.

━━━━━━✧━━━━━━

Emma stood outside Brooklyn's apartment one morning. She was hesitant, unsure how to break the news to the teenager... or if she should tell her at all, given her current state.

The blonde took a breath, clenching her fist, before knocking on the door. She waited a few moments, then knocked again.

"JUST A SEC!"

It took a few seconds, but Brooklyn eventually opened the door with her flight jacket thrown over her pajamas.

"Hey... Sorry to wake you," Emma apologized, seeing the teenager's droopy eyes.

"No, this is my daily look," Brooklyn told her, rubbing her face.

Emma only let out a nervous laugh and said, "Look, I don't know how to say this to you, but...,"