You Can't Force Love <3 Ch 2

Vanessa's POV

I woke up at 6:20 like I did everyday. It's like I had my own mental alarm clock. How is that possible with the time change? Gosh that is weird. I grabbed a new set of clothes ( a pair of shorts and my favorite cotton tee it was worn and yellow with the power rangers plastered on the front of it- it was one of my amazing thrift store finds) and hopped in the shower. I finished drying my hair and spent a little extra time doing my make up and quickly straightened my hair. After I packed up my things and drug them to the door I hear a light knock. I immediately open the door to find Gage holding a small bag. I opened the door wider and stepped aside so he could come in. "Morning I was just about to go check on you." I said with a smile. I'm tired of this polite conversation stuff so I decided to be extra friendly. "Morn'n." He said. Gosh I like his accent. "I'm hoping to steal away the bathroom for ten minutes so I can shower." I looked up and felt bad that I didn't think that he may wont to use the bathroom. Good thing I'm done. "Yeah of course!" I said and sat on the bed and flipped on the TV. "Kay" was all he said before he walked into the bathroom. I channel surfed for awhile till' I landed on the news. The weather report was on. It was suppose to be scorching hot with light showers all week." I layed down to get comfortbal on the bed and kept watching the news.

I heard the bathroom door open. I looked over... his hair was still wet from the shower but he ran his hand through it to style it like it was yesterday. He walked to the bed and layed down next to me. I felt slightly uncomfortable. "News eh? You didn't peg me as that kind of girl." He said mockingly. That irritated me. I hate when people think they know just exactly how I am and don't realize I'm exactly the opposite. "Why do you say that?" I asked nonchalantly. "Well It's sorta nerdy." A cocky grin stapled across his face. Insults hidden beneath a smile don't make the insult anymore nice. I didn't say what I'm thinking instead brush it off and mummer a "Yeah." "Well I'm bored lets go."He said matter of factly. I got up and grabbed my bags and beat him out to the car. Setting my carry on by the passenger side and walked to the back of the truck with my duffel bag. Leaning against side getting ready to toss it in I felt it be lifted from my hands. Gage was standing above me in the bed of the truck clipping the duffel bag to the side where all the other bags were. I sighed turning around.

Getting ready to open my door I felt a slight push. It was Gage again. How come I can't ever hear him coming up behind me? He open my door I slid in without I word and look down to see he is still standing there looking at me. I give a little smile and turn to face frontward's again. Not hearing my door shut so I look down again to see him still standing there and still looking at me. "Yes?" I ask politely. "Do you have something you would like to say?" He questioned back. Confused I cocked my head and frowned at him. He laughed, "Go on." I looked at him again, what could he want me to say? It hit me. I looked down frowning, "Thank you??" "Good Girl," He said it like I was his dog and he was my master. Well I guess he decided to show his true colors. I turned and faced the window before he got in.

"You hungry?" He asked as soon as his butt hit the seat. I was famished. Starving. The hungriest I had ever been. "If you are then sure." I answered. He looked at me "That's not a real answer." I looked back at him and only shrugged. He started the car and we drove to a little bakery. He got out and went inside without a word. He arrived back with a pastry in his hand. Climbed in the car and looked at me. He waited until I finally looked back at him to take a bite. Jerk. "Now are you hungry?"he asked. I only looked at him. I reached into my carry on in the backseat and grabbed my wallet. Got out of the car without saying anything and before he could muster up anything to say I shut the door. Walking inside to find this was the quaintest little bakery. It smelled delicious. I stepped in line and browsed over the selection I picked up a muffin and sweet looking donut like pastry.

I started handing the cashier my money when my hand was smacked away. I looked behind me to see who had done it. I expected to see Gage but It was another attractive male our age. He leaned down and said "I'll get this one." Turning towards the cashier he quickly paid. Not even having a chance to reject his offer. I looked at him and smiled. "Thank you but you really didn't have to do that." "He smiled back at me, "Yes I did. I seen your boyfriend come in here and get something for only himself." He noticed. "He's not my boyfriend." I said, I could feel my cheeks growing pink. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Good." I smiled. Was I flirting with him? I never have stuff like this happen to me. Let alone have some amazing looking guy be so sweet to me. I heard the door open.

Gage walked in and straight to my side and looked at the very nice man that bought me breakfast. Neither looked happy to be staring at each other. "What's your name?" I seen the man's attention turned back towards me. I smiled on the inside and outside. "My name is Vanessa but everyone calls me Nessa." I looked in the corner of my eye to see that Gage was a little surprised that he didn't know that. "What's yours?" I asked playfully. I didn't want to be rude with Gage standing right there besides me but he had it coming. "Payton", he said smiling, You live in this area?" He raised his eyebrows I gave him I light giggle. About to reply when Gage spoke up "No she doesn't. She's from America." "You are?" He asked excitedly. "I am but I'm here for the summer." "Where will you be staying? I might just have to look you up." I smiled and looked at Gage who was glaring at me. "Somewhere near Limavaddy." I answered honestly. "Is that all you know?" He asked curiously. "Yes sadly." My smile grew. I

really enjoyed Payton. Gage grabbed my arm "It's time to go," He hissed in my ear. "Aw well I better be going we have a long drive. It was really nice meeting you." I said as warmly as I possibly could. "That makes me sadder than you'll ever know. Is there anyway I could contact you?" He asked. He is quite the hunter. "Um.... Do you have an email?" I asked watching Gage mouth hang open. I didn't care it was obvious that this whole thing with him is going to be a memory in the past soon. "I do", he said winking. He walked to the counter and asked for a pen. When he quickly came back he pulled up the sleeve on his leather jacket to reveal his triceps. He handed me the pen. I smiled and wrote my email on his arm. Gage was storming out to the car at this point. I smiled weakly and said," I have to go". He leaned down and gave me a tight hug and said he would be talking to me soon. I smiled because I truly looked forward to it.

Walking out to the car biting down on my muffin I wanted to spit it out and fall on the ground laughing. The look on Gage's face was completely dumb founded. Before I even reached the truck. Gage was standing in front of me obviously fuming. He towered over me probably being 6'1 and me being a mere 5'4. It scared me a bit. "What?" I asked innocently. "You know what! We are courting and you act like you've never seen me before!" He was yelling pretty loud. "I had no knowledge of that fact." He hadn't said one thing to make me believe we were already courting. I went on " I had a longer conversation with him than I've had with you and you expect me to think were courting? I just met you!" "Whatever, Get in the car." He demanded. "Ask me nicely" I stated. "Get. In. The. Car."He was so angry. I just sat on the curb and opened my doggie bag to find the yummy looking pastry. I tore of a piece and popped it in my mouth. Staring blankly up at Gage. "Fine," he grumbled. and walked to his car got in.

The engine roared and he sped out of sight. My stomach dropped I hadn't thought about the consequences. I could go talk to Payton. I didn't know him well enough to trust him. But I could trust Gage? No. Good I guess I'd have to call my parents they would know what to do. I don't have my phone. Crap. I'm so darn stupid!! I have no clue what I'm going to to do. I heard a car in the distance but ignored it. Only to look up and be surprised that it was the one and only Gage rolling his window down. Man he has some anger issues I thought to myself. His voice cut through the silence. "Please get in the car," He said rather gruffly. I cocked my head to the side and gave my best little girl/ prissy smile. "Of course." I said smugly. I had won and couldn't be happier. I Crawled into my seat and before I even shut the door Gage was speeding off towards the road. "Jeez." I exclaimed. "What?" He asked innocently. He caught on to my game and was now playing along. Great.