78 | Real Life

Logan's POV
Why does Jake have to be so annoying? Yes, I know that he's my brother but he needs to understand that when somebody needs him to be somewhere then he should get there quickly, especially if he is needed at a hospital!

— 10 minutes later —

"It's Everyday Bro!" I heard a voice from behind me, I turned my head around even though I knew exactly who it was.

"Where have you been?!" I whispered-yelled at Jake trying not to disturb the other patients.

"Chill Logan, I'm here now aren't I?" He calmly said to me as if he had something better to do, He turned his vlog camera toward me and started to lightly laugh. Why the hell was he even recording?

"You don't understand Jake! Our sister is in there and she might never wake up!" His rudeness was actually starting to piss me off, I could hear my own voice get louder and I started to heat up from anger.

"Sister?" Jake looked blankly at me and switched off his vlog camera. "Are you kidding me?" He scoffed and turned back to face is friends who were all stood behind him, all sharing the same expression, a mixture of confusion and discomfort. "We have a sister and nobody told me? This better not be a prank because it would be a pretty sick one. Logan I swear to go--" I cut him off.

"Jake, why the hell would I prank you with something like this! It's true... It's a long story but you need to see her" I began to calm myself down because I could feel myself getting angry at Jakes stupid comment of this being a prank. Jake nodded his head and handed his vlog camera to Emilio. I told the others to all wait in the waiting room. I started walking quickly over to Kamryn's room with Jake following closely on my tail.

I pushed the door slightly open and saw Jack sitting next to Kamryn... He was holding her hand in his and was looking over her lifeless body with tears streaming out of his eyes.

"Kamryn... please wake up... I miss you so much, I miss your smile and your amazing sense of humour. I miss all of our jokes and I miss all of our movie nights. I miss you bossing me and the rest of the boys around when we didn't do what you wanted. I miss your food, this may sound very stereotypical but you made the best food" Jack paused and let out a low chuckle then continued. "You made the best pancakes. Please come back to me, I love you."

I let out a sigh at Jack's beautiful speech, he heard me and turned his head so that his eyes met mine.

"You heard that?" He asked, his voice had no tone to it, it was very scratchy and you could definitely tell that he had been crying.

"Yeah.... hopefully Kamryn did too" I replied tilting my head down so no one could see my eyes start to tear up.

I could hear the sound of tapping grow louder in my ears.

"When can I see her?" Jake asked me, he was really agitated.

"I leave, call me if she wakes up" Jack got up from his spot in the burgundy chair that was position right next to Kamryn's bed.

I walked into the room with Jake behind me.

"Kamryn, this is Jake... Jake.... This is Kamryn" I gestured toward Kamryn and moved out of the way so Jake could finally meet our sister. Jakes eyes started to water.

"I'm sorry Kamryn... I'm sorry that I never got the chance to meet you. If I knew who you were then this wouldn't have happened." Jakes voice was very shaky and by the end of his sentence he was in full tears.

I didn't say anything, I couldn't say anything, or do anything except cry. I cried, loudly and Jake joined in. We both cried, we might never get to meet our sister.

"How old is she?" Jake managed to stutter between sobs.

"She's 17" I muttered quietly but loud enough for Jake to hear.

"17? How the hell can something like this happen to a 17 year old? What even happened? Was she run over.. In a crash or something?" Jake started to speak, his words came out of his mouth faster and faster, like bullets being shot out of a gun repeatedly.

"She... She was beaten... and then left in an Alleyway... We found her" I answered Jakes many questions whilst choking back tears.

"What the fuck? Who would do that to her? a 17 year old!?"

"Dad's wife" I muttered again, it made me sick just to think about it.. my step mom did this. I never liked her anyway, she's always been stuck up, does anything to get what she wants, she's been using my dad and I always knew it, I just never said anything because he was happy, and I didn't want to ruin that.

Jake heard what I said, he didn't reply, he just looked at me in disgust and confusion. I kept my head down, not looking at his face, but I could feel his stare on me.

"It's a long story"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I know this was a boring chapter but I needed one where Jake finally met his sister.

And can we just talk about how cute Jack's little speech to Kamryn was?! Yes I know that I wrote it but I can't get over how adorable it is.

Anyway... I hope you enjoy the next parts to this book!

Leave a comment, vote or follow... Love you all! ❤️