014

the one where mark malfunctions;

"guys?" chenle's body blocked most of the tv screen, much to the annoyance of renjun and jeno.

"what?"

"i think mark hyung is broken."

"...what?"

they begrudgingly got up and padded their way to mark and chenle's room when the younger beckoned them to. upon peeking inside, they saw mark. lying down and staring at his ceiling.

"so what's the problem," said renjun, not seeing much wrong with that.

"he was helping me with my english homework, and then he checked his phone. then he just kind of fell onto his bed like that." chenle jerked his finger in the direction of the oldest hyung, who still hadn't acknowledged them.

"hey hyung, what's up?" jeno asked as he pushed them into the room.

mark let out some weird gurgle in response. "okay..." renjun reached over to grab mark's phone. "what's his passcode?" he stared at the other two boys, who both shrugged.

"try noona's birthday?" jeno suggested. renjun typed in the four digits, 0-3-1-8. unlocked.

the first thing that appeared after renjun unlocked his phone was hina's instagram post. there were multiple photos, and mark had swiped to the third one, which was a candid of koeun. "oh," he said and showed the others. "oh," they echoed. now it made sense.

"so you broke because of koeun noona?" chenle asked the eldest male, guiding renjun's hand that carried the phone toward mark's face.

mark let out a squeak when he saw the picture again and took his device as he sat up. he turned his screen to them while pointing furiously at the photo. "look at her! her smile, her hair, her--" he glanced at it again and then dropped his phone on his stomach, laying down again. mark covered his face with his hands. "she's so pretty oh my god."

"...okay, mystery solved." jeno clapped his hands together as he stood up again.

renjun was already moving towards the door. "i missed harry potter because of this!"

jeno shook his head as he moved to follow renjun. "hyung, you're seriously...what's that english word again? where you're so helplessly in love with someone?"

"whipped!" chenle supplied. "i was just taught that."

"oh, the irony."