013

the one where koeun doesn't finish her work;

koeun looked up from her work when she realized she hadn't heard any noise for the past ten minutes. her computer screen showed her a body slumped over the backside of a guitar. the corners of her lips raised slightly as she watched mark press his cheek against the instrument when he shifted.

"mark," she called softly, not wanting to disturb her roommate yiyang. it took a few more calls of his name before he jolted awake. "why don't you go to bed?"

he shook his head as he rubbed at his eyelids. "i'm good, i was just resting my eyes."

she rolled her eyes and checked the time at the bottom right corner of her screen. it was nearing eleven. "it's late, go."

"i said i'd stay up with you while you do homework, and i'm keeping my promise." mark held his guitar so it sat upright on his lap. he wrapped his arms around the neck before resting his chin on top of the body. he was clearly tired and ready to knock out again, seeing how he was squinting and yawning, but he still wouldn't sleep.

when they first started the video call, they were both doing homework. mark had finished before her, so he resorted to playing tunes on his guitar as koeun continued. truthfully, it was a little distracting, especially in the beginning when he would try to belt out high notes. but as the night went on, he had gotten more tired, eventually leading to his state just moments ago.

nonetheless, koeun was touched by all of this. she needed some moral support to power through her assignments, and in a way, mark did help.

she stared at her schoolwork spread out on her desk once more. she'd actually finished doing everything that was due a while ago and was just redoing her notes now. she would have continued until she finished, but seeing that mark wasn't going to sleep until she did...

koeun closed her books, the movement making mark blink. "okay, i'm done."