Chapter 16

-Eiza POV-

  "Really trying to provoke the big bad wolf huh?" Lily giggled to herself looking me up and down as she walked back inside my room

"Do I look good?" I questioned spinning around while looking myself in the mirror at every angle possible.

"It could be all for nothing" She sighs

"What!" I panicked turning around to face her

"Did my father say no?" I whined angrily

"No silly." She giggles then gets serious again at the lack of response from me

"Relax. I convinced him, but do you have a plan? Where are you both meeting?" She asked curiously

"Well. I don't know yet." I sighed turning back around to finish last minute touches in the mirror

"Want to try dream walking?" She offers

Without a word I nodded my head and walked towards her on the side of the bed, laid down and listened to her begin her chant, but she was chanting longer then usual. The feeling of freedom never came. Nor did the dream. I hear her stop and I peaked an eye open to see nothing, but sweat dripping down her forward as she sighed in frustration.

"Did you piss him off or something?" She asked confused

"No, but the wolf did say for me to find it this time." I asked confused

"Then it's surely dedicated to give you a challenge. You're blocked off from his mind." She answered and got up swiftly

"Anyways. Give me twenty minutes and we be on our way!" She continued.

Why was this wolf setting rules to this game, and why was I so willing to play? It was an undesirable desire, I had a undeniable hunger for.

—————-

Kara POV

The liquid was burning down my throat, attempting to numb the chaos inside me. Each shot made it easier to try and ignore it.

"You've never been one to be a bore Kara" Thomas huffed after taking yet another shot. 

I rolled my eyes and focused my sight towards the dance floor and watched as the blue and purple lights lit up certain faces as it spun around the room in a dance of it's own.

"Why don't you dance and find a girl to distract you" Thomas suggested

A growl rumbled from within my chest. The beast didn't like the thought of us with anyone else now. A wound still fresh that'll take time to heal.

"You always had something to say about my bad habits when I distracted myself with women before, but now you're suggesting to do so when I can't? Lovely." I admitted as I drank yet another shot

"Boohoo! Get your shit together puppy. I am not losing you over a damn mate." He hissed back

I simply responded with a roll of my eyes then once again the lights drew me to the dance floor and just like the last time illuminating faces and drunken bodies grinding against each other, but few seconds longer and the light landed one her face.

"She found me" I whispered happily

I felt Thomas behind me in an instant

"Looks like she also found male company" He teased

It was then when I focused my sight on something besides her and realized she wasn't dancing alone, but with a boy grinding behind her.

"Easy old friend" Thomas tried to comfort as Kratos nailed within my chest trying to claw out and claim what was his.

My body was shaking furiously, sweat had soaked through the white T -shirt that was now clinging on to me like I had bought a size too small. Thomas gripped my shoulders and held me down with his strength as we both fought me from lunging forward to rip the man's head off. I was being territorial over something that wasn't even mine, but was chosen for me. How twisted is that?

She must've heard me losing my tempter, because she looked up and locked eyes with me right before allowing Kratos to take over. Her eyes bore into mine intently. The club came to a still and the only thing that moved next was her lips in between her teeth as if she was excited to see me. It nearly stopped Kratos coming forth entirely, but she was too late, we both shared a bit of control. The man dancing behind her was still with his arms wrapped around her waist and I felt Kratos growl out for us both "MINE" she was too far to hear it over the music, but his eyes must've showed through me when he said it because she jolted from the grip he had of her after moments of him saying it as if she understood clearly.

Her face paled as if she had been caught cheating on me. Does this human feel the pull then? She could just be playing me to get me to her family for a slaughter party for all I know. Either way, all my thoughts seized when beckoned me forward with her fingers.

———-
Eiza  POV

"One more round then lets go to the dance floor!" Lily yelled out excitedly near me

I groaned at the thought of another shot but nodded my head anyways as I kept scanning through the club in search for my wolf.

My wolf.

What the fuck.

"Why are you being a bore?" Lily whined

"I'm not. Just scoping out the place." I mumbled

"Is he here?" She giggled

"Who?" I questioned

"The wolf" She rolled her eyes playfully

"No" I said

"Well don't sound too disappointed your daddy might get mad if he knew his daughters intentions tonight were to get drunk and hook up with not just anyone, but his worse enemy." She laughed out after

"You're ridiculous" I responded dryly

"Let's dance!" She decided for us as she grabbed me and drug me to the dance floor

Me and lily growing up made a YouTube channel dancing to tons of songs. It was our escape. Losing ourselves in the music. Maybe this is what I needed.

When we got to the middle it was instant. We looked at eachother, the lights reflecting off our faces, we giggled then danced for what seemed like hours. I felt someone come behind me realizing it was a cute young man who obviously knew how to dance not just to feel up on me, so I allowed it. I was truly getting caught up in the moment, but out of nowhere I felt eyes on me. It felt like  the entire club was looking at me, but no one was looking except the wolf's I had been searching for when my eyes landed towards the VIP booth. I found him. The gaze it was giving me sent chills down my body and I had to bite my lip from the intensity of it all. It wasn't till it's eyes flashed gold that I felt anger radiating off them. The forgotten hands around my waist gripped tighter at that exact moment and I jolted from the man realizing my "mate" didnt like someone else around me. I paled from the possibility of endangering myself from provoking it, but I beckoned it forward with my fingers anyways in hope it'd forget there was someone else around me.

"Game on wolf" I whispered out and in seconds I felt the presence of someone enwrapping their arms around me again, only this time electrifying every spot they touched on my skin. The glowing eyes no longer looking at me so I knew exactly who it was this time behind me without glancing.

"Mine" He whispered against my ear, and for the first time since we met. I almost truly convinced I was his.